Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 am 
Forum Support

Website - http://www.margaritavillemyrtlebeach.com/

This place is my Dad's favorite, so we always end up going. When we left, my dad said this was probably our last time.

They wanted to seat us near the bar at a ship. The table seemed to spread out for us and too small for my tall dad to sit at. So with some dislike they moved us to the floor. (more on that later)

Positives:
We did like our food.

My parents had the BBQ Chicken Sandwich. I had the Island Barbecue Pork Wrap. Parents thought their sandwiches were good, but for the price not that great. I thought my wrap was really good. The island slaw was good and for me something different in a wrap. Didn't have much pork in the wrap though.

We were there for the show.. and thats always fun to see.

Negatives:
The table. Wow they sooo didn't clean it when they dropped the table leaves. Not really sure why they even felt the need to drop them, since there was room. :dontknow: The table hardware was rusty and the sides had crusted food on them. I wanted to say something but dad vetoed me. He just wanted his food since we had to wait already for them to put the leaves down. So mom and I draped napkins down because A. I didn't want to look at it B. I didn't want to get the food and rust on my clothes. I was hoping the waitress would ask what was wrong, but nope. Not even when we asked for a few more napkins.

When we got our bill we got a discount card for the giftshop and a review card. We were told they were having a contest for employees and whoever got the most people to use the card at the giftshop and do a review would get nice prize. Well I am all for helping out the waitresses because they probably don't make a hot and its hard work. (Sassy Server Blog) But I will not spend $50 in the giftshop and second I will not leave a positive Trip Advisor review. Soliciting a positive review or any review I think is wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Finally while we were getting ready to leave the busboy was cleaning a couple tables around us. Guess no one watches the work he does. He was more people watching, then actually cleaning. He made a quick "W" with the wash rag to clean the table. Had a bundle of silverware in his hand and was touching it all over the place, including the backs of the chairs.

Hopefully someone from Margaritaville will read this and take some action.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:23 pm 

missingthebeach wrote:

Parents thought their sandwiches were good, but for the price not that great.

That pretty much sums up why we probably won't go back. I will miss the atmosphere, because it is a good way to get in the beach "mood" for the week, but the quality of food for the price is just not there. Margaritaville ends up being one of our more expensive meals of the week and we pretty much just order sandwiches and kids meals there. I can spend less money and get much better food at numerous places in MB. Just don't think the atmosphere is enough to keep us coming back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm 

I wouldn't leave a positive review on TA either...I'd leave a negative one. Hey...they were soliciting for reviews, give it to them :)

~Kari~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

That's sad to hear. They're getting sloppy, and when that happens they start inching toward business losses. You need to contact someone higher up than the local level. How about Dan Leonard, President of Margaritaville Management Group and Chief Operating Officer of Margaritaville Management Group, Margaritaville Enterprises, LLC

There's no e-mail, but you can write him a letter:

http://investing.businessweek.com/resea ... ses,%20LLC

I hate it when large restaurant chains close in MB. Corporate headquarters blames it on MB, saying the business just wasn't there, when it it's actually a case of bad local management.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 am 
Forum Support

MBKY wrote:
missingthebeach wrote:

Parents thought their sandwiches were good, but for the price not that great.

That pretty much sums up why we probably won't go back. I will miss the atmosphere, because it is a good way to get in the beach "mood" for the week, but the quality of food for the price is just not there. Margaritaville ends up being one of our more expensive meals of the week and we pretty much just order sandwiches and kids meals there. I can spend less money and get much better food at numerous places in MB. Just don't think the atmosphere is enough to keep us coming back.

There has to be some other restaurant in MB that has a beachy feel to it. To get us in the mood. Anyone?

This was our second highest meal. We had seafood and that surpassed it.

Kari45385 wrote:
I wouldn't leave a positive review on TA either...I'd leave a negative one. Hey...they were soliciting for reviews, give it to them :)

I really should! They can't do anything to our food now. But honestly if the tables are like this, maybe the kitchen isn't real good either. Dang not going to let my mind go there...

patrish wrote:
That's sad to hear. They're getting sloppy, and when that happens they start inching toward business losses. You need to contact someone higher up than the local level. How about Dan Leonard, President of Margaritaville Management Group and Chief Operating Officer of Margaritaville Management Group, Margaritaville Enterprises, LLC

There's no e-mail, but you can write him a letter:

http://investing.businessweek.com/resea ... ses,%20LLC

I hate it when large restaurant chains close in MB. Corporate headquarters blames it on MB, saying the business just wasn't there, when it it's actually a case of bad local management.

I will do that. Send a old fashion letter. It would probably do more good then anything at the restaurant would. We have a ski hill here with a restaurant. The owner came around and said if you ever have problems, call me directly. I will take care of it. You know he wants to take care of things before it gets out of hand. People start talking and next thing you know, doors are closing. It doesn't take much in today economy and internet.

Back to Margaritaville... Someone from corporate should make UN-announced visits. Probably a way to catch things like this before they get out of hand. They would see the true restaurant and not the show they put on. A place like this and the location, no reason ever for it to close. Other then bad management. People just don't stop going unless something is wrong. MB is a tourist destination/trap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

->...There has to be some other restaurant in MB that has a beachy feel to it. To get us in the mood. Anyone

We haven't had a problem (so far) with LandShark (Margaritaville's sister location at the SkyWheel. It has an excellent view of the ocean, and a fun atmosphere.

We haven't been yet, but I have heard two positive reviews of the new restaurant at the Surfside Beach Pier. And next door to that restaurant is the 2-story River City Cafe, also offering ocean views.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:49 pm 

[/quote]

There has to be some other restaurant in MB that has a beachy feel to it. To get us in the mood. Anyone?
[/quote]
Biminis is pretty beachy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 pm 

Sounds like it's time of an episode of Undercover Boss!

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:48 pm 

We decided to try it out but after 30 minutes in line we were told the wait was 2 hours. We thought the line was moving pretty fast and once we made it to the door the hostess told us of the wait. Not sure why she didnt stand at the podium outside to take names.

~Kari~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm 

We always do Margaritaville on the way to the condo every year. Ryan loves doing this and to be quiet honest it always ends up being fun. Doug said last year he would like to try something different this year, but I just don't think it will happen. However, I would vote for LandShark. I have always said you pay for the atmosphere and I guess that is ok with us. I just feel like :nanner: when I hit the beach :lol: and Margaritaville makes me want to :nanner: .