Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

The Landshark Bar & Grill is location on the Boardwalk at Myrtle Beach. It has the typical laid-back feeling that you find in other Jimmy Buffett restaurants. Beachy music, casual dining, views of the Boardwalk and ocean.

Four of us were there on May 22, just a few days after they opened. Our waiter was Roger, and considering how many tables he had to service, he did a good job of checking with us often and keeping our drinks refilled.

Wally ordered a chicken sandwich with fries (9.99) which he pronounced as "very good."

I love nachos and dip, so I ordered the Chips and Queso for $6.99 from the appetizer menu. It turned out to be a huge serving, certainly more than enough for 4 people as an appetizer. It came with a bowl of salsa and a bowl of cheese dip. It was tasty, and I ate my fill. There was still plenty left over.

The wine was $5. per glass for their house wine.

We sat on the outdoor porch, so we had a good view of the ocean and Boardwalk. Our only complaint was the loud music. We were with another couple, and we were unable to carry on a conversation due to the speaker just above our heads.

The following is from the couple we enjoyed dinner with at the Landshark, Alan and Ruann:

Landshark is a mini version of Margaritaville. Not as crowded and no wait but it is May and not mid summer. Leans more to outside dining being on the oceanfront. As Patrish has said. Music is loud. From my seat I counted over twelve speakers within 20' of our table. If there's a pole. There's two speakers at the top of it.

Meal was good. Ruann had a burger (bit greasy for her tastes but she is a picky eater). I went with grilled chicken with with some added on onion. Very good. $28

Picture:
http://www.funbeaches.com/June_2011/LandShark.jpg

After dinner, the four of us took a ride on the new SkyWheel which was a lot of fun!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:36 pm 

Looks like a great place to eat! I told Bryan about it and it's on our list of new places to try this year. :cool:

Landmark Resort August 2005
Boardwalk Beach Resort July 2006
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2007, 2008, 2009
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2010
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2011, 2012, 2013
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2014
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2015

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:09 pm 

Here's a new online review:

new-parrothead-eatery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 pm 

We enjoyed Landshark on our recent trip. We had a meet-up there and we had a variety of different meals; burgers, salads, sandwiches etc. and though I don't believe anything was over the top it was fine. The view is amazing and you are really paying for that, although this is a modestly priced place. I would give LandShark a solid B for the food but an A for the view from the deck/porch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:57 pm 
Forum Support

In case anyone would like to see the menu, follow the link below. You do need a PDF reader.

http://www.margaritaville.com/templates ... b_menu.pdf