Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gator Island Bar
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:19 am 

This is a great hidden gem for food, drinks and fun. It is more of a bar than restaurant although it does have the capacity and layout to become both.

The owner/chef has been here 2 years and also has 2 culinary trained chefs working for him, as well as a gal who may not be formally trained but Tina knows how to cook, her hobby is to read cook books, she was at Croissants previously and the owner and his mgr chef were at Sea Captains house for many years.

You will find no fine linens nor a view, other than a parking lot and Hwy 707, what you will find is good food on the cheap.

Dinner specials are usually around $10 and if you were anywhere else you would be paying $18 or more. Here's a recent diner special Baked Swai and Mushroom Stuffing Topped with Shrimp and Boursin Cheese Cream Sauce served with Steamed Vegetables--$9.95.

If there is something you would like to have made just for you ask, if they have the ingredients then can make anything to please you.

Should you stop in, let them know Gary sent you.

To get there you take 17 By-pass to the red light at the backgate, which to the south/east will take you into Market Commons, you will go north/west onto Hwy 707 and proceed 2 miles, there will be a Kangaroo Convinece store on your right and the Gator is directly across the street.

Now I am hungry, I think I will head across the street and partake of whatever the daily lunch special is, which usually costs around 6 or 7 dollars.

Enjoy

Gary

Post subject: Re: Gator Island Bar
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing, Gary!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:11 am 

Good Food on the Cheap.... just what we need ! Since Sea Captain's is one of our favorites, this place sounds great. I notice you posted in Oriental, do they specialize in Chinese ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 am 

Hmm, I did not realize I posted under Oriental, I am not use to going to catagories, just General, I'm not that versed on posting
correctly :)

My skills are in helping folks save money.

Enjoy the beach

Gary

“Work each day on your thoughts rather than concentrating on your behavior. It is your thinking that creates the feelings you have and ultimately your actions as well
Dr. Wayne Dyer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:30 am 

Those specials made my mouth water. And the prices are super cheap. I always love finding little hole-in-the-walls that have great chefs. Usually when you find great chefs who are trained, you also find expensive prices.