Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:37 am 

Searched for other posts on this and just found some in trip reports, but not in restaurants...perhaps I missed it. We went here for lunch after visiting the Aquarium. I like eating there and sitting by the window watching. That day we watch Key West Grill almost catch on fire! The smoke coming from their chimney/vent hood was as black as coal and billowing so much I thought the place was going to go down. However, it dissipated and we were able to enjoy our meal at Liberty, which consisted of Fish Tacos (me), Charbroiled prime sandwich (hubby) and chicken soup and salad for the munchkin. Just an aside...my daughter isn't really an eat-off-the-kids-menu kid. I wish they'd offer more things than hotdogs, hamburgers, mac 'n cheese, pizza, etc. She wants real food for which I appreciate. The kids menus are riddled with the same old yucky choices...JMHO

The fish tacos were scrumptious. The chipotle sauce was finger licking tasty! I think I ate them both, hoggishly, in about 3-4 bites! Shameful. We also had the fried pickles...our first, but not the last partaking! It's amazing on what you can fry and think it's delightful! Kevin's sandwich must have been quite tasty because I accidentally blinked and it had disappeared. They make their own beers and ales. They used to have a small sampler, but we didn't see it on the menus this time. We shared a white ale and it was good. I think our tab was in the $40's.

We've been here about 4 times. We've gotten their appetizers and they are HUGE. The onion rings are gargantuan servings. Recommend.

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:45 am 

This is our favorite MB restaurant!!! I think I've reviewed it at least once, off to find it...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 am 

Well, you're right, looks like only in my trip reports!! I'll do better this year, if we get there!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:52 pm 

Liberty has a great happy hour, think it starts at 4p. Reduced appetizer prices and 2.50 pints of their micro-brews ! Their chicken wings are good, plus we get pretzels to-go for the kids. Some of their other apps are a little "fry heavy", (like the popcorn shrimp) but sitting in the beer garden is a great time.

Be careful if you drop something, the ducks wandering under the tables get a little aggressive !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
We have the same problem with the kids menu....John Blue eats like we do and he usually ends up ordering off the adult menu and just bring home leftovers......even at mcdonalds he orders a adult meal and I order the kids and give him the toy...lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:27 pm 

Hurray for kids with discriminating tastes! And for the adults who let them choose!

JoAnn :sunny:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:55 pm 

Liberty Steakhouse is another one of our favorite places to eat. We arrived at Liberty around 7 this evening and there was only a 45 minute wait. I was quiet surprised because Broadway was crowded. We walked around Broadway and in no time our table was ready. We were seated in the back section with an open view of Lake Broadway. The atmosphere was wonderful.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... CN2409.jpg

Here are a few pics of our meal

Ryan loves the cheese fries. Sorry they tore into them before I could take a pic :roll:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... CN2405.jpg

Last year I discovered their pecan crusted chicken and again this year it was delicious
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... CN2407.jpg

Doug's prime rib
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... CN2406.jpg

Again we were pleased with our meal and the service. We will return and we give Liberty Steakhouse ****

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:17 pm 

One of the better meals we had all week.2 of us had the steak and 2 had the pecan chicken.The food and service were very good.$106.00 for 4 people.