Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yamatos
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:06 pm 

We have visited Yamato on a few occasions, but are always in a hurry and sit at the bar for immediate seating. The staff is always friendly, attentive and quick. Sushi rolls are our typical order, even though I’m still developing my taste for the various choices. My favorite is spicy tuna, Jan’s is salmon and Yamato’s prepares both very well. Also had the tempura, which was actually pretty bland….even the dipping sauce didn’t “wow” us.

Service was friendly, but got annoying once the bartender mentioned how great the owners are to work for… and how long everyone had been employed. He then proceeded to ask every employee how long they’d worked there, which got annoying quick. “I could do this all night” he said….. ok, whatever. But… we shall be back ! (and still see the same employees… which is a good thing)

Post subject: Re: Yamatos
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:41 pm 

My family loves hibachi so we decided to try out Yamatos. We had a short wait and decided to hang out in the bar. Once we got to our seats we were introduced to our chef, Lee. He was quite entertaining -- even chatting it up with people at other tables! He loved talking about football and knew all about the NFL and College teams. The food was very good and the "show" fascinating. Four hibachi dinners plus 2 sushi orders off the sushi menu plus two beers and one soda was $135 before tip.
Angela