Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kono (Hibachi)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:55 am 

While Mom was in the hospital at Conway Medical Center, my daughter drove up from Charleston, SC to see her and be my 'support' for a few days. On the way home from the hospital one evening, we decided to treat ourselves to 'real food' instead of the drive thru window food we'd been sustaining ourselves on.

We weren't quite sure exactly WHAT we wanted - we just knew we wanted something good and NOT a chain restaurant. Driving down the 17 bypass we saw a billboard for KONO'S Asian Grill and Hibachi. I'd been wanting some shrimp and scallops - and hibachi is one of my favs, so we took a chance and went. They are located at 1901 N. Kings Highway.

I had shrimp and scallops, daughter had steak and chicken. We had a wonderful cup of soup and salad before the chef came out to cook our dinner. The chef was fantastic - great personality and I am always amazed at the performance they provide at the table. We were not disappointed. Matter of fact, I think this was one of the best 'chef shows' we've had at a hibachi.

The food was excellent. Shrimp was delicious and the scallops melted in my mouth. There was plenty of food left over to take home and have lunch the next day (with a little left over.) Daughter's steak and chicken were excellent as well. The chef gives everyone a piece of anything that was ordered at the table - so I got a piece of filet and chicken to try.

Total tab (they add 18% tip no matter how many are in the party - but it says so on the menu so I was cool with it) for two meals, tip and tax was $50.00. We are ice water drinkers so the tab did not include any drinks.

We will go back! I think we found a gem in this place!

Post subject: Re: Kono (Hibachi)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:10 pm 

Thanks for posting. My husband recently decided he loves hibachi and I'm sure we'll be going to one next time we're down.