Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:38 pm 

Yesterday was our 8 year wedding anniversary, and we chose to celebrate at Ruth's Chris.

I made reservations online a few weeks ago, and was surprised by a very friendly phone call yesterday afternoon from them to confirm reservations and make sure I knew how to get there. They offered valet parking as well.

We got to the restaurant with no problem. It's right next to the Marina Inn off to the left hand side before the Grande Dunes bridge. Even though we arrived 10 minutes before our reservation, they seated us immediately.

We had a head waitress (Pam) and an assistant waitress (forgot her name), and they were both extremely pleasant, attentive, and knowledgeable. They were also very patient with us, and mercifully didn't kick us out, even though we sometimes acted like country mice and slightly out of place. :mrgreen:

There were 2 gentlemen in suits standing at the entrance to the kitchen the entire time, and we were seated directly across from that area. Throughout the evening we fondly began referring to them as the "Sentries." They rarely ever left their post. We had to laugh at this several times, because it appeared they were guarding the kitchen with their very lives. :lol:

The food was absolutely fantastic. Brett started with a Caesar salad, and I got the Louisiana seafood gumbo. I have been dieting like a crazy person for the past 30 days, and I wasn't going to be caught dead eating a salad on this night. The gumbo was outstanding, and Brett thought his salad was just fine. For an entree, Brett got the stuffed chicken breast, and I got the petite filet with crabcake on top. It was actually supposed to be a petite filet with a crabcake, asparagus, and drizzled hollandaise sauce. I asked Pam not to include the asparagus or sauce, and it was the only time she looked a little displeased. I probably offended the chef. But I will say that the steak and crabcake were out of this world, so I'm glad I ordered it the way I wanted... even though the presentation was a bit boring and less colorful. Brett loved his chicken. It was stuffed with a cheese sauce and herbs, and he loves cheese. For our 2 sides we got mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

We were going to share a dessert, but Pam knew it was our anniversary and was so generous to offer us a second dessert on the house.

I got the chocolate sin cake, which is a no flour cake with chocolate and espresso, very much life fudge....

http://www.pbase.com/katiejohn/image/99573195

Brett got the chocolate explosion, which was a warm chocolate cake with hot fudge and a scoop of ice cream...

http://www.pbase.com/katiejohn/image/99573194

They were both so incredibly rich, I was sick to my stomach until about 10am this morning. But it was a happy kind of sick to your stomach... the kind where you feel it was worth it, because the cake was SO good.

Here is where I stop to mention that due to Brett being on some medication for the past 5 months, his appetite has been cut by over half what it used to be. This is not cool, because now I always look like a pig anytime we go out. He ate half his entree, and I cleared my plate. So when I had scarfed down my dessert, and his was barely touched, I was feeling more than a little horrified. As I stepped away to use the bathroom, I jokingly told him to tell Pam he had eaten half my dessert and that was why he couldn't finish his own. When I got back I found out he actually told her that!!! HA! He's so good to me. :lol:

The manager came over to our table towards the end of the evening to ask us how everything was. He was very friendly and a delight to talk to. I was also surprised this morning to receive a follow up phone call from the restaurant asking how our dinner was last night.

This was a great experience from start to finish. I would definitely recommend it for a special event.

Last edited by ktjohn on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:36 pm 

Happy Anniversary belatedly. It was so nice to read about your special dinner at Ruth Chris's Steakhouse. I think the investment in your education paid off since I am always impressed with your writing skills. Of course the banter between you and your Dad made me smile. Best wishes.

Judy/Pigeon Forge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:42 am 
Site Admin

A+ restaurant fine dining

Wally and I had dinner at Ruth's Chris in the summer, and just to keep this short, I'll say it was the best petit filet we've had since moving to Myrtle Beach. I usually purchase the Costco Filet Mignon, and Wally does a great job of grilling them to perfection. But the filet at Ruth's Chris exceeded by far the quality we find at Costco.

I made reservations online which they confirmed. Additionally, the day after we dined, I had a phone call asking about their food and service. Unless you have more money than God, this is not somewhere you simply show up to eat a few times a week. It's a dining experience and and not inexpensive.

http://www.ruthschris.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall