Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Five Guys in NMB
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:15 am 

Happy to announce that a new Five Guys burger place has opened in NMB in the shopping center on 17 w/ Lowe's hardware store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:27 pm 

The new Five Guys is about 20 blocks north of Martin's, two blocks north of Main Street in NMB.

I ate their during my visit in December and it is just as good as the one by the Coastal Grand Mall. It looks like the building was a quick oil change building at one time.

Great place for a cheap, quick meal.

MichaelB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:09 pm 

Not quite as far as Gator Plaza - it's near 2nd street, in the shopping center where Lowe's is.
Enjoy,
Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:25 pm 

OK, we gave it a try. Five Guys is located behind the Friendly's in North Myrtle.

The burgers were delicious, as were the fries. But, the portions were huge and I have some advice if you decide to give them a try:

I must preface my story with this: I'm no scrawny little guy. I'm a big fellow, and have no problem downing a couple of burgers. My wife is tiny, but she can eat a ton. Along with us was our 14 year-old son and 8 year old daughter. For those of you with a teenage son, you'll understand how much a teen can eat!

My wife and I both ordered Burgers and decided to share a large order of fries. Our son ordered a burger and drink, and our daughter had a kid's meal (burger, small fries, drink).

First off, we didn't realize that the "regular" burgers were "double" burgers. My son and I were able to finish ours, but just barely. My wife made a valiant effort, but didn't finish. Each burger was over 1/2 pound. They were huge!

The fries, though, were another story. They gave me a large brown bag, and when I opened it up it was FULL of fries. Our "large" and "small" orders of fries were combined, and between the 4 of us we could only eat HALF of the fries! They must have used 20 potatoes! It's the largest order of fries I've ever had.

And the taste... They ARE the best fries on the beach!

So, when ordering at 5 guys, order a small order of fries and go from there. If you eat them all, you can always order more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm 

Yes...

http://www.fiveguys.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:44 am 

Saw the menu, sure looks good BUT question is...do the buns have sesame seeds on them? Ron is VERY allergic to them
Maureen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:37 pm 

I'm taxing my memory, but I think the buns are seedless.

If not, you can do what we always did for Kyle when he was in his fussy stage - ordered two bottom buns. There was the occasional sesame seed stuck to the side, which with a severe allergy may be a problem, but it really helped when we went to BK or somewhere with seeded buns.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

Post subject: Re: New Five Guys in NMB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:10 pm 

Not entirely sure this is where I should put this post; but we've eaten at two Five Guys locations on the Grandstrand, a couple of yrs. ago at the one out by Coastal Grand and today in the Tanger Foodcourt in NMB. Both were hot fresh and delicious, we had the cheeseburger and fresh cut fries...and today there was practically another order of fries loose down in the bag, which sadly were thrown out as the portions are huge here. We don't do any Fast Food on vacation that we have at home but this is one of the places that the nearest location is 3 1/2 hours from where our house.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:21 pm 

Thank you for sharing your latest experience from Five Guys. I have always been a big fan of Five Guys. Up until last year the closest one was almost 50 miles from the house. The farther I had to drive the better it seemed to taste. Do not get me wrong as I still enjoy their burgers and fries. Now that there is one 5 minutes from my house I rarely go there. I guess that goes for a lot of things in life, if you have to work (drive far) to get it seems like it is better.

Judy/Pigeon Forge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 am 

There is one on the other side of town from me and we seldom go. Eventhough we are in Pigeon Forge several times a year, we have never been to the one in Walden's Landing either. But it is always on the list in MB.