Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rioz restaurant
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:19 pm 

We ate dinner at Rioz Oct 10th 2007. It was our first time there. I am glad we tried it, and it was interesting and very unique. They have a wonderful salad bar. We found stuff on there that we had never seen before, and it was interesting trying it. The meats were great also, but there was 6 of us, and someone always had their token turned to green. We felt we had no privacy at all. And you get the salad bar,and when you are done, they take your plate, and you then get meat. The only dish they serve with it is mashed potatoes(which I don't eat) We didn't get a drink or dessert. We drinked water. Since there were 6 of us, they tacked on an 18 percent gratuity. That meal cost us $90. I consider that expensive! Like I said, if you haven't been there, you should go because its quite an experience and worth that first trip. It isn't a place you'll return to over and over tho.

Post subject: Rios
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:39 pm 

We three ate at Rioz last evening (Oct. 28) and had a lovely dinner. I agree the salad bar was wonderful and included steamed shrimp, mussels with scallops, smoked salmon wonderful cheeses and ham, asparagus, and on and on. The table service included the mashed potatoes, fried bananas and fried polenta sticks and warm, tiny raised rolls. These sides were replaced with new, warm ones...sometimes even before they were empty. We had a lovely meal. We all agreed the salad bar itself would be wonderful we're not sure we could pass on the meats.

The nature of the restaurant isn't condusive to private conversations (especially with a larger group) but we enjoyed it very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:50 pm 

Even though it is a little expensive you have to look at the variety you get and if you take one of each or at least one of a good percentage of what they offer, you're getting your money's worth. Come hungry. If you're still hungry when it's time to leave, flip over the coaster and start eating again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:40 pm 

I just checked out their website and saw tht 6 and under eat free!! That's a great deal, our son will be 6 when we go and DD is 4. My DH LOOOOVES the Brazilian steakhouse here in Cleveland and is such a meat-lover, he'd really enjoy going here I'm sure. Does anyone remember what the per-person price is? since the kids will be free, we can afford a bit more! Thanks!

our list of possible restaurants for August is growing.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:22 pm 

well, I think it's very similar to the one we have here, meaning there is a buffet, sort of a salad bar but more -with salads of course, other cold dishes, pastas, shrimp, etc. Then at the table you have a bread basket, fried bananas and potatoes (maybe something else) - I believe that was family-style in bowls at the table. For the meat, they come around with all different kinds on huge skewers! If you want some of that type, they push a piece (or several) off onto your plate. Tons of choices! You have a coaster that you have "up" on the table once you're ready for and until you're done getting meat, then you flip it over and they won't come around anymore. It's a fun experience and GREAT for meat lovers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:52 am 

Well if all 6 people ate for a total of $90, then that really is reasonable to me. A typical calabash buffet would run $20+ per person.

For me personally, I would pay up to $50 for a good meal, but I tend to eat at places offer $10-$20 entrees.

I had heard these Brazilian Steakhouses charge about $40 per person, so if that is true, then your bill for 6 people would have been $240, if all 6 ate for $90, then you got a good deal.

Post subject: Rio's
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:45 am 
Site Admin

We have 4 separate listing about Rio's in the Steak & Seafood forum. I don't know how to combine these all into one, and I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner. I discovered it when I was trying to figure out the cost, which is not on their website. You can find all the posts here:
http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=53

We have not been to Rio's. From what I hear from friends and neighbors, it is $35. for meat and salad bar, and you can order just the salad bar for $20. I don't know if desserts or drinks are included, nor do I know if you can have doggie bags to box up leftovers. If anyone has the answers, or if the prices I listed are wrong, I'd love to know.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:15 am 

We went last Feb. when they were runnning a half-price special. A LONG wait but worth it to save $$. We had caipirnhas (sp?) from the bar which were super and helped pass the time. Our table was at the bottom of the 'runway' and not the best location, as those called down and waiting, often leaned on the empty chairs at our table. The salad bar was very good, with some items not usually found on salad bars. The sushi was so-so. To me, the meats were rather salty, and we had to wait awhile for some of them, namely the bacon-wrapped chicken and sausage. The parmesan pork was an unusual but interesting combination. When we left, I felt like I had a meat hangover!!

Post subject: How's the seating?
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:05 am 

My family is planning a 50th Anniversary celebration for my grandparents. Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse is at the top of the list for a family meal. I need to know how the seating is, as my grandmother is a very large lady that does not get around very well. A booth or tiny chairs would simply not accommodate her. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Also, if Rioz would not be a good choice for her comfort, any suggestions? Thank you.

Post subject: Rios
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:15 pm 

Both my husband and I are AMPLY proportioned. I always avoid booths and wobbly little chairs.

Your grandmother should be comfortable; however, since almost everything other than the meats are on a buffet and the waiters are constantly walking through with the meats, you might consider having her sit were she won't be in a traffic lane. One trip to the buffet will give her an idea of anything she might want as seconds and I'm certain a loving family member would be willing to fetch for her.

This is the plan we use with me. Since I'm short and round, any tablecloth in my path is in jeopardy.

If you're there in season, it will be crowded and probably noisy. You might want to be sure she's seated in the center to be part of the family conversation rather than at the "head" of a long table where she could be out of the loop.

Have a wonderful time.

Mary Ellen

Post subject: Re: Rioz restaurant
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:25 am 

Ryan has been begging us for 3 years to give Rioz a try. He is a huge meat eater and I must say this place was for him. The service, food and atmosphere were very good. However, this is not a place to come if you are not hungry and hungry for meat. The amount of food is enormous. After giving their huge salad bar a try you just turn your little table pad over to the green side and swarms of servers are at your disposal with every kind of meat you can imagine. It's a very different dining experience. I must say that I was disappointed with the sides...not so warm mashed potato's and some kind of fried banana's. I probably did not eat enough for the $34.95 but I can assure you Doug & Ryan did. If you love lot's of meat I would recommend Rioz.