Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:37 am 

We ate 4/24/07 at Angelo's. They offer an Italian Buffet, but we were there for BEEF! Concierge at our hotel claimed it was best steak around. I ordered a rib-eye (smallest one) for about $18. My husband ordered the next size which I think was $21.95. Our meal included family style salad (delicious) and garlic bread (yummy). My meal came with baked potato, and fresh green beans. His just came with potato (?). At any rate, I was too stuffed to eat the beans! The rib-eye was perfect, melt in your mouth. This seems to be an old established restaurant. Staff was very courteous, we got right in around 7 p.m., no wait, and service was efficient and courteous. Nothing fancy, just good food. Jeanne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:55 am 

We ate there twice during our 2 weeks in MB. We got there before 6 and got the early bird specials. The kids had the pasta bar, wife had chicken parmesan (7.95 I think), and I had the Ribeye both trips (13.95). The steaks are great. It was the 3rd steak that I had from there and each have been cooked to perfection and very tender each time. My wife said that her chicken was great both times, and the kids really liked the pasta buffet. I did hear a waitress tell a group at another table that all the food was really good, but she highly recommended that they choose the steak for their meals.

Post subject: Angelo's Steak and Pasta
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:18 pm 

Tonight was my sister, Emily's 19th birthday, and we told her we'd take her out to eat anywhere in the Grand Strand... wherever her heart desired. It took her a week and a half to painstakingly decide where she wanted to go. In the end, she chose Angelo's.

We got there in the pouring rain, and Brett put our names on the waiting list. It was an hour wait, so we ran off to Walmart to pick up a few necessities (might as well get some errands done while we wait). I was a little nervous that they'd call our names early. I was right. We got back there in less than an hour, but they had called our name 5 minutes earlier and then scratched our names off the list. The hostess was incredibly rude to Brett and told him she had no idea how long the wait would be now. When they did call our name again, she rushed us off to our table, threw the menu's on the table and stormed off. Emily had a few irritated comments to make about the host staff, since she is a hostess at Carolina Roadhouse and knows rudeness when she sees it! :lol:

Thankfully that was the only bad experience we had. The food was great. Our server was friendly. Did I mention the food was great? I only had one slight problem. They give you bread that is slathered in something... probably some sort of garlic and oil mixture? I don't know. There's little chunks of stuff on it as well. Anyway, I couldn't bring myself to try it. I told Brett it looked like someone hurled on my bread. Emily liked the bread. Brett said it was just alright. If I hadn't been so cranky from a bad day at work, I may have tried it.

The buffet is $12.95 for adults and 6.95 for children. Ages 3 and under are free (hooray for my two girls!!). The buffet has spaghetti with several different sauces, meatballs, italian sausages, tortellini, stuffed shells, chicken cacciatore, lasagna, 3 kinds of pizza, etc... All very good. I was tempted to try the steak, but had to stick to the buffet this time, since we were paying for Emily and my grandmother, as well as ourselves.

This is a family friendly place, so nobody minded when Noelle started singing "I love you a bushel and a peck" at the top of her lungs. Thankfully we were off in a corner and not quite as noticeable. Even though it's family friendly, it's still also nice enough that I'd go there on a date with just Brett and I, given the opportunity. It's a nice mix of family and romantic.

Brett told the server (secretly) that it was Emily's birthday, so we were all surprised when the guy came out with an ice cream sundae for her. He said he would sing, except everyone in the restaurant would leave if they had to endure his singing voice. We laughed at him, but I was pretty thankful. I'm not big on the birthday singing, chanting, shouting, or marching in restaurants. Not my thing. This was perfect. Just bring out the ice cream, and let us enjoy our family dinner in peace. Noelle and Kylie decided the ice cream should be shared with them. Kylie could be heard at the opposite end of the restaurant shouting "BITE! BIIITTE!!!"

The last time we went to Angelo's was in 2004, and it's just as good now as it was back then. Highly recommended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:59 am 

Katie, next time you'll just have to close your eyes and try the rolls. Kyle is our bread afficionado and he LOVES them. I think they're just coated with some type of buttery substance and the chunks are a type of cheese. They're delicious!

I'm sorry to hear about the rude hostess. That's just inexcusable! But I'm glad the rest of your meal went well.

On a side note for anyone interested, the early bird buffet price (from 4:00 to 6:30) was $8.95 per adult last year. Not sure on kids' prices.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:08 pm 

We went to Angelo's last Thursday and it was very good. I can't really add anything more than has already been said here. The steaks are awesome and next time I go I will forgo the buffet and just get steak with maybe a side of pasta. The service was excellent. We had a coupon Lorraine had printed off the internet. After showing it to the waiter, he check on it and told us it was not valid. He didn't want us to be upset(which we weren't) so he offered to give us the early bird special, even though it was well after 6 o'clock. We all had a great meal and I was totally stuffed when we left.

Jeff

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm 

Brian and I decided to try Angelo's tonight...the fact that they were offering a "buy one get one free" coupon (in this week's paper) helped entice the decision-making process. That, coupled with the mouthwatering "steak served on a sizzling plate" commercial we have watched on Beach TV for years!!!

We went in search of that wonderful grilled steak and we were very, very pleased we did. But just to mention, their menu has something for everyone - chicken, veal, seasfood, pasta, and many varieties of the covented sizzling steak.

Brian and I both had the 4 oz Twin Filet Mignons (24.95) which were done absolutely perfect. (Those of you who know me, know that I am a stickler for medium rare beef - not one second overcooked. It's my vice....that and shoe shopping :oops: lol)

Our entrees arrived with garlic mashed potatoes and mushroom marsala sauce. Ala Dente fresh green beans were the side. It was one of the most awesome steak dinners I've had (tied w/ Carolina Roadhouse)

We totally enjoyed our dining experience and will plan to revisit in the near future. Our server was "Dink" who was friendly, efficient and happy to share his knowledge of the house specialties. Ask for him, I'm sure he'll treat you well!
Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:20 pm 

beachxcape wrote:

Our entrees arrived with garlic mashed potatoes and mushroom marsala sauce. Ala Dente fresh green beans were the side. It was one of the most awesome steak dinners I've had (tied w/ Carolina Roadhouse)

Colleen

Glad you enjoyed the food. This is one of our favorites. We usually stop by at least twice during two week stays.

On a side note, it is almost worth the trip just for the garlic mashed potatoes. That is some pretty good stuff. :notworthy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:35 am 

I am so jealous! Angelo's has the BEST steaks! My Hubby and I have been there twice (once each MB trip we have taken). Both times we had the best service and food. It's really a special place for us as well because we came to MB for our Honeymoon and we ate here the first night. I am so glad everyone else enjoys Angelo's as much as we do. We can't wait to go again if we get to visit MB this coming summer :) For now we will wait here in our white wonderland which is well below 0 windchill... on the plus side it makes our Myrtle Beach trips all the more exciting.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014