Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:04 am 

Hey all, just wanted to give you another good review of RIOZ.
My very good friends are staying in my condo this week (yes Im jealous!)
They met and married in her native Brazil about 3 years ago. The husband is American but spent a lot of time in Brazil and now speaks fluent Portuguese. They have a six year old and a two year old.
Last night they ate at RIOZ and had to call us afterward to report that it was the best Brazilian food they have had in the US. This comes from a couple who live in NJ near a few cities that are very Brazilian with native food readily available.
Just thought Id let you know---they had a great time and I look forward to giving it a try myself!
Maybe this is a good spot for a meet-up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

We ate at Rioz tonight and it was fabulous. $34.95 per adult and $17.95 for kids over 6. This includes the salad bar and all of the meat you can eat. This place is definitely not for vegetarians :roll: , luckily I am a carnivore :twisted: . Great selection on the salad bad and the wait staff were very attentive, especially with Eddie. Our bill was $140 before tip and included a bloody mary and three desserts.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:38 am 

I posted an overall review of restaurants we visited elsewhere on this board, but just to elaborate a bit about Rioz:

As I said before, I loved every bit of it. I tried almost every different cut of meat they offered (steaks, lamb). Large shrimp was offered also, along with table offerings of fried bananas, mashed potatoes. The salad bar had sushi (not my style, but it looked good), quail eggs, lox, many other unusual items. Yes, Rioz is pricey, but its also a unique experience. I enjoy cruising, and Rioz is the only land restaurant I've eaten at in years that reminded me of being served like I was on a cruise.

PS: the rest of my night mainly consisted of sitting in our hotel room acting like the old Alka Seltzer commercial ("I can't believe I ate the whole thing"), but I'd do it again in a second! I might have set a record for most meat consumed in one sitting!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:23 am 

Has anyone been to RIOZ lately? Since it looks as if my son may get to join us in MB this year after all :hello: I have promised to take him to Rioz. They do not list $$$ on their website and I was just curious is it a flat price per adult?

Deanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:26 pm 

Last we went it was ~40.00 for adults (might have been 35)..... which included all the meats/sushi/salad bar. Sushi/salad bar alone was ~20. But that was a couple yrs ago....

Drinks are additional and coupons available for a free desert.
Enjoy !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:15 pm 

I was there on a Sunday in Late January. The regular price is still $35.00pp. They had a 1/2 price special on Sunday's in January and it cost us $17.50pp. That was a great deal!

MichaelB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 am 

Wow that is a great deal. I am sure that will not be offered in July :roll: Thanks for the info.

Deanna