Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:48 pm 

We decided to stop here for dinner since it was close to where we were staying. Being seated immediately and no wait at 6pm should have thrown up a red flag. Service was bad and our waitress seemed more of a fly-by than stopping and asking how we are and what is needed. I had to go to the bar for sweetener packets after asking and we rarely saw her. Drinks remained empty until the end of our meal. Our food was a bit dry and bland. I think they count on you using the different sauces that they have on the table. The sauces themselves were not impressive and tasted like a typical store brand. They have them for sale all over the restaurant for you to buy. My brisket was very dry, chewy, and overcooked and my wife's wings were nothing special. The kids meals were typical. I know it's a chain, but the service was bad and that turns me off at places.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:36 pm 

I ate at a Sticky Fingers twice up here in PA. Both times were horrible, similar reasons. I've grown to dislike the vast majority of large chain restaurants.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Oh no...I am so sorry to hear this. We go to Sticky Fingers a couple times a year...and ALWAYS when son Mike, DIL Amy, and grandson Kenan come to visit us. They will be here in August, so I hope to hear some positive comments before then. We always go to to the location on the south end, near Coastal Grand Mall.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 am 

Bud, are you sure this is the Sticky Finger chain from Charleston SC?

I have done business with them for a number of years and they do not have any locations up north, at least their website does not list any.

It is not unusual for a ane to be used in another state if it had not been registered previously.

Example Holiday Inn on the Blvd it is not affiliated in any way with the Holiday Inn most people think of, but they had the name before the national company registered it here and are allowed to continue using it.

And I also am surprised to hear you had a bad food experience, I have heard of some server issues in the NMB location and had informed the manager there.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 am 

This is a link to the one we ate at.

http://www.stickyfingers.com/North-Myrt ... 04C47.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:31 pm 

We go to Sticky fingers every year at Grand coastal mall. We had a bad experience just like your back in 2012. I wrote head office and they passed my comments on to the restaurant. They were very apologetic and assured me that that was not the way the food or service was to be. They sent me a gift card for 50% of our bill and requested we come back. Well a year later, we did. Service was good and food was fantastic. We'll be going again in October.

I recommend you contact them at head office. They will definitely address your issues. The manager who called me long distance to apologize was not there in 2013. I asked and pushed for an answer and was told he was let go in Dec 2012. Read into that what you will. ;)

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:12 pm 

They have had 3 Operating Partners (GM) over the last few years, there was Austin, then Dan then I think 1 other.

It is a revolving door here, people jump to what looks like the new big thing, people always think the grass is greener on the other side and lots of other reasons.

Yes I know there are places that have had some of the same people for years, I have friends who work at places that have a waiting list to get in, places that do business all year long, not nesseccsrily as it's the best food, but they do get people in year round due to location.

These folks right now are making $200 - $300 a day, even in the winter they make at least $50-60 a shift.

But management does not get compensated on tips.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 am 

Actually, I'm thinking of Smokey Bones. I am sorry for that. The signs look similar and I always see Sticky Fingers when I'm at the beach and think they are the same thing. I researched where one might but and I was never at it.