Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm 

T-Bonz | 1169 Seaboard St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 | http://www.sb.tbonzgillandgrill.com

5 of us ate here on a Sunday a little after 7pm. There were quite a few large parties inside. Our server, Vanessa, was friendly and attentive. We never had to ask for refills and she always checked in on us. Overall, we enjoyed our meals (sans the brussels sprouts). The service from Vanessa was excellent. We would return if we were in the area.

Our server told us the T-Bonz in Barefoot Landing closed because there were a lot of other steak restaurants in the area. The company said they were staying in the building but they were changing the concept to a Mexican food restaurant. She said T-Bonz did really well in that location but they just wanted to do something different.

My Aunt and I wanted a drink. Vanessa suggested a peach spritzer. We really enjoyed it.

Bread and butter. Good!

Steakhouse Onion Rings (with steak sauce). These were pretty good. I loved the steak sauce.

Side salad with Italian dressing

9oz Filet Mignon with Yukon Mashed Potatoes. My dad enjoyed everything. He thought the steak looked a little smaller than 9oz. Steak was cooked to his liking. The mashed potatoes were yummy.

Southern Fried Chicken (buttermilk brined, Tabasco honey-maple syrup) with brussels sprouts and rice pilaf. The rice was The rice was clumped in some areas, but tasted fine. The chicken was good. I loved the honey sauce with it. The brussels sprouts were terrible. They tasted like they were cooked, dried out, and then cooked again.

12 oz Prime Rib with brussels sprouts. My mom enjoyed the prime rib. Again, the brussels sprouts were terrible. She had the same problem with hers as I did with mine. We brought it Vanessa’s attention and she was very apologetic and offered to get new sides for us. We declined, but we appreciated the offer.

Not pictured:
- Filet Mignon with baked potato and fixings, side salad with Italian dressing. My aunt initially ordered the special of a half rack of ribs and shrimp. We were told about 10 minutes later that they were out of the half rack. They had full racks but apparently didn’t want to split them? I didn’t fully understand what the person from the kitchen was saying. She loved the steak. It was seasoned well and she liked her baked potato and salad.
- Filet mignon, baked potato and fixings, steamed broccoli. My uncle thought the steak was cooked perfectly and had a great taste. The broccoli was soft just as he likes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:22 am 

Thanks again for another great review... And the food looked inviting too... The only thing I saw was the filet, while looking delicious, lacked in presentation. Poor plate coverage. It looked like an island in the middle of the ocean. And thanks for the exciting news on the change at Barefoot T-Bonz... Will keep an eye out on the news of an opening.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:09 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for another great review. They offer good lunch specials that I would also recommend!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall