Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: California Dreaming
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:56 pm 

There were 9 of us that met at California Dreaming around 6:00 P.M. We were seated immediately and the service was great.

My mom and I split the ribs which started out with a salad. Those of you that have read some of my previous reports know that I am a picky salad eater. This salad was delish and the croissants were a little piece of heaven. Of course it was alot like Carolina Roadhouse salad which is to be expected since they are sister restaurants.

As you can see our ribs were a little well done. However, they were not bad.

Doug ordered the ribeye. I will have to say that it was by far not the best we have had. It had alot of fat and was chewy if you know what I mean. We were disappointed.

If I had to pick between California Dreaming and Carolina Roadhouse, Carolina Roadhouse wins hands down.

Post subject: Re: California Dreaming
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 pm 

I've been eying this place for years and have never been able to force myself to go. I'll have to look at the menu once again to remind myself of what they have to offer. I have an extremely hard time ordering steak or ribs pretty much anywhere seeing as how I make it better at home. I'm still just jealous that you got to go to Myrtle twice this year. Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:28 am 
Site Admin

Hummmm....since they are owned by the same company, it must be the chef(s) that would make you choose one over another, and from your photos and review, I can see why. If you have the time, you might want to send them an e-mail asking why one would be better than the sister restaurant.
http://centraarchy.com/contact/

BTW, I'm disappointed to hear this. We usually choose California Dreaming simply because it is much close to us than Carolina Roadhouse. We've never tried never tried the California Dreaming near Barefoot Landing. Anyone been there?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:23 pm 

We had dinner at California Dreaming in NMB tonight. Prime rib for Mike, and I had Chicken Parm with linguini/marinara sauce and of course the to die for house salad. I also ordered a Pink Martini which they have this month for Breast Cancer Awareness. We were both really happy with our meals. This is one place that we always plan to go when here so I call CentraArchy (the parent company) to purchase a gift card or two as part of our pre-trip planning. They don't charge anything to mail the cards, which are good at any of their restaurants.

Sorry you guys weren't happy with yours. :sad:

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the quick response, Jan! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:44 pm 

We were not totally unhappy with our meals and I am not saying that we wouldn't try it again. The service was excellent, the salads were wonderful and the ribs were not bad. Almost everyone in our group got the ribs. Doug's steak is the only thing that I was disappointed with. It could have just been an off night. We had that happen to us at Carolina Roadhouse a few years ago. Like I said above there were 9 of us and we all agreed that if we had to pick between the two restaurants Carolina Roadhouse takes the prize for us. That review is coming up and you all can compare the pics. Also, there was a 40 minute wait at Carolina Roadhouse when we went on Friday night and at California Dreaming all 9 of us were seated immediately. I remember thinking this place is not that busy. Could have just been the night. Who knows!