Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rioz
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:51 pm 

All I can say about Rioz is if you are planning to get your money’s worth you better go hungry. It is a lot of food and honestly I don’t get my money’s worth. Now Doug and Ryan on the other hand could probably put them out of business if they went very often. I opted to just get the salad $21.95 and there were a lot of items on the salad bar, but I just have a hard time paying $21.95 for a salad. If you add tax and a tip you are looking at $30. I just can’t see it. Now my guys would eat at Rioz every night. They love it and like I said the food is good. Doug gave me a couple of bites and the steak was very tender and tasty. They had grilled pineapple as one of the items and it was out of this world. I think I would have rather had it than the meat. The price for the entire meal was $36.95. Of course the drink was not included. For our family it was a very pricey meal, but we don’t do it every year. I guess it is not much different price wise than some of the buffet’s.

Here are some pics

Doug's Salad
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... C00018.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... C00029.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... C00026.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... C00025.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... C00020.jpg

Rioz gets an A from us this year.

Last edited by Deanna on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Rioz
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:01 pm 

Thanks for your review and pictures. It's on the List for our trip this September.
Angela

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:04 pm 

What a great trip report. I hope I remember to take notes so I can do as well. All of the food looks so delicious. Waaay to many places to try in only a week. I'm writing all these down for ideas!!
Thanks for the pictures, too.

Brenda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Deanna, for your trip report, restaurant reviews, and photos! It is all very much appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:40 pm 

We went to Rioz on our trip in early September. It was me, my husband, our 25 year old daughter and her boyfriend. I'm a vegetarian so I stuck just to the salad bar. The food that I had was very, very good. The rest of my family had the never-ending meat. They raved and raved about how good the food was and how quick and friendly the service was. It is an expensive meal, but definately worth a visit at least once. (Though I have the feeling we'll be back next year).

Angela

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:16 pm 

I've been eyeing Rioz for many years fearful of wasting my money. I hate to just stuff myself to get what I paid for but at the same time, I have a feeling it could be worth it. Still torn. Any other reviews on it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:15 pm 

If you are a meat lover and you don't care to stuff yourself, Rioz is for you. Everyone should go at least once.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:05 pm 

I have enjoyed reading your entire trip report. You put so much time into writing and adding all the restaurant reviews and pictures. It is so much appreciated. I am happy that you had such awesome weather as well. We always have family visit when we are in Myrtle Beach but they come during different weeks. I would love to do an entire family holiday like you do. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:02 pm 

Phrogy, you asked if anyone else has been there, I have a number of times and yes it is the most expensive all you can eat place and the food is very good.

There was another Brazilian steakhouse on 17 biz we would enjoyed, it was much less money for the same thing, a bit smaller salad bar, but with all that is available who's going to eat salad, unless your getting just the salad bar :) It closed :(

I will be going to Rioz soon as I have 2 complementary cert's that must be used by end of August.

I have a pineapple on my kitchen counter that I will be putting on the grill Friday night.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:46 pm 

Does anyone know if there are any coupons for Rioz? I always want to go but the rest of the family thinks its to expensive so we don't go so I was just wondering if there are any coupons for them?

Rick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:07 pm 

Look on Groupon or Restaurant.com.

Just a heads up, my Sister-in-Law just ate here and was not impressed. This was her second visit and she said the quality of the meat seemed to go down hill a bit. Lots of fat and not very lean.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:59 pm 

Most of my family are there in June. We decided to skip due to the price of feeding six. All of them enjoyed it, but thought it was just too much of an expense to spend on one meal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:25 am 
Site Admin

We have been once. I really can't justify the expense compared to how much food we can consume. (I can say the same for Capriz Italian Buffet at BAB.) Even the Salad Bar at Rios for $21.95 (kids 7-12 salad bar $17.95) is more than I want to spend.

That said, the food at Rioz was very good, as was the service. Keep in mind, you do not have to sample everything they bring around. Some of the meats are better than others. You don't want to fill up on on something you don't love when you favorite steak is coming out of the kitchen soon.

http://www.rioz.com/menu/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:19 am 

This is my favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach. I have eaten there at least a dozen times and have always had a great meal. The salad bar is phenomenal, and I only eat the cuts of meats that are my favorite. Plus I love the cheese rolls that come with the meal.

The last two years, Rioz has been offering an in store promotion on Black Friday. Buy a $100.00 gift card, and they give you an additional $25.00 gift card for free. I have a friend who lives in Myrtle Beach pick some of these up for me. Rioz will also run promotions in January and February. If I remember correctly, Sundays were ½ priced in those two months this year. They also run some other promotions from time to time.

Other than this, I am not aware of any other discounts. For me, the price is not that more expensive than eating out at other nice restaurants. By the time I order an appetizer, salad, and entrée, the cost is not that much less than Rioz.

Check out the Rioz news and events page for any promotions/off season specials:

http://www.rioz.com/news/

MichaelB