Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

I purchased a $3. coupon for a $25. certificate from restaurant.com for Gauchao Brazilian Steakhouse. Wally and I used it tonight.

I had not researched this restaurant at all, so we had no idea of the pricing structure. We arrived around 6 PM and were surprised at how many cars were in the lot. Since we didn't have reservations, we wondered about wait time. However, they were able to seat us immediately.

From the hostess to the wait staff to the manager who visited our table, customer service was top notch. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

There was a salad bar as well as a few hot dishes including such dishes as creamed broccoli, rice, potatoes, and more, which we visited first. The salad bar held an excellent variety of fresh items including peeled shrimp, chicken salad, asparagus, a large variety of cheeses, beets, mushrooms, fresh tomato, and just about anything you might want to assemble a personalized salad, including a variety of dressings.

When you are ready for the meat, you turn the circular card to green, and when you have had enough, you turn the card over to the red side. The Gauchaos kept an eye on our table and came around fairly often with various meat choices. The meats are all shown on the menu linked below. If you like a particular meat, they are more than happy to offer you seconds. For instance, Wally loves lamb. I don't, so we never have it at home and he will often order it when we go out. He said the lamb at Gauchao's was very good and had seconds. I liked the filet mignon. We both enjoyed the garlic steak.

Since we did not get the pineapple with the steak, we asked for it as a side, and it was delicious. You can see it in the photo of the Gauchao below. It was very tender, string-free pineapple, dusted with cinnamon.

If you go, go hungry. We really can't eat enough to justify the price, but of course we had the $25. coupon.

We never asked the prices, but apparently from the bill it is $29.95 per person. Here's how it was broken down on our bill:

The price, excluding drinks:
net total: 59.90
sales tax 11.50 % = 6.89
Total: 66.72
less 25.00 coupon = 41.79
We tipped on the pre-coupon price.

The Gauchao Brazilian website:
http://www.gauchaobraziliansteakhouse.com/

My photos:

1. The salad bar:

2. One of the friendly Gauchaos serving our cinnamon-dusted delicious pineapple:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 am 

Incredible review - thanks ! Seems like a great bargain with the coupon.

Quote:
If you like a particular meat, they are more than happy to offer you seconds

That was one thing slightly disappointing with Rioz..... seems the filet gaucho-dude was always on the other side of the room :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 am 

Yes Gauchao is good and I think I have made mention of this before on the forum and it is a family run restaurant with prices that are lower than Rioz although not as many choices but totally sufficient.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:11 pm 

I hear that there is a third Brazilian Steakhouse on the Strand now (Charcoal). Anyone know if this is better/ worse than Gauchao or Rioz, or know if it is cheaper/ more expensive? http://charcoalbraziliansteakhouse.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

I called for pricing.
Per person, Salad bar alone: 19.99
Per person, Salad bar with meat selections: 28.99

Since I'm on a roll, I also called Rio's:
Per person, Salad bar alone: 31.95
Per person, Meat and Salad Bar: 36.50

I'm wondering if Rio's will come down on price now that there are 2 competitors in town!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall