Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

This is a chain, which may be why we've been living here 12 years without eating there. I have seen it mentioned favorably a few times in our Trip Reports, but never in a Restaurant Review.

A couple months ago it was recommended to me by a friend whose opinion I trust. She told my they go there at least once a month, and she always orders the 8 oz. Sirloin.

Last week were were in the Murrells Inlet area and decided to give it a try. Our first surprise was the parking lot. It was full. This is very unusual for any restaurant on a Sunday evening in December, but we thought that must say something positive about the restaurant.

We were seated almost immediately and found a basket of peanuts on the table. The service, steaks and side dishes were excellent.

Sirloin Steak 8 oz. 10.99
Dallas Filet 6 0z. 16.49

I'm the one who ordered the filet. I'm a picky steak eater. and in spite of my friend's enthusiasm for this steak, I've had sirloins in the past that have not been tender or had fat in them. Better safe than sorry, is my motto. That said, Wally and I traded a couple bites of our steaks, and I'll have to admit the sirloin was very, very good. I'll probably order it next time.

Both meals came with a choice of 2 side dishes. We chose a baked sweet potatos. I order a salad and Wally asked for Caeser Salad.

Total 27.48 plus 2.89 tax = 30.37

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:16 pm 

Patrish, how long did it take you to feel comfortable throwing your peanut shells on the floor? :lol:

We've eaten at several local Carolina Roadhouses, and I always feel a little guilty doing that.

Jack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

LOL, Jack. I NEVER feel comfortable throwing the shells on the floor. Even when I'm stepping all over them, and know it's expected. They have the same peanuts at Logan's and the River City Cafes. When I DO drop them on the floor, I look around expecting to get "caught!" :clown:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 pm 

Patrish, we have been going to the Texas Roadhouse in Surfside Beach for years. Of course since I am always looking for a deal we usually go for their early bird specials. Bad part is their early bird ends at 5:30 but you can get two 6 oz sirloin steaks for $15.99. There is also other entrees at the same price on the early bird specials. Everytime we have been there over the years it has been pretty busy. Our food has also been very good. We have tried the Texas Roadhouse here in the Pigeon Forge area but have never been that impressed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm 

They are doing something right at Texas Roadhouse. We usually eat early when we go down in June and never have trouble getting seated immediately, but every time we drive by that restaurant the parking lot is already full. I know they have the early bird special, but other places also offer them and they don't have parking lots full of cars (except for Crabby Mikes). I've not eaten there in a couple of years, but in years past the food was good and the prices are great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 am 

I am not a chain restaurant person, but this is the one restaurant I will make an exception for (besides Cracker Barrel for breakfast). We have one locally and have eaten at several on the road. They all have always been quite good. No matter where you go, the parking lot is always full. Besides the steaks, the ribs are excellent. The large dinner salads with grilled chicken are also quite good, as is the roasted chicken. Never have had dessert (unless you count the giant sized Margaritas which are also excellent) or appetizers because there is so much food with the meal you don't need anything else.

The one drawback is that it is quite loud. They also play only country music -- which I happen to like but others may not appreciate. I also wish they would lose the line dancing when Copperhead Road comes on. It's kind of cheesey and I feel bad for the poor waitresses who already have enough to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
I have never been (yet) but I hear it mentioned quite a bit as being very good. I will say that they give a lot to my sons school in the way of donations...which I think is cool. I have had their catered stuff and it was tasty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 am 

I am a big fan of Texas Roadhouse. I love the ones back home in VA/TN and the one in MB as well. My cousin took me to one about 5 years ago for the first time and I've been hooked ever since. They stay busy in the afternoons and the atmosphere is fun but not too crazy and loud. The food is always very good and reasonably priced and the wait staff is usually very courteous and seem to have fun and enjoy their job.

The ribs are absolutely the best. They fall off the bone and are always so tender and from my experiences it is hard to find good ribs, especially at a chain steakhouse. I've eaten there many times and I haven't found anything on the menu that wasn't very good. They have good variety and the food is never disappointing, especially for the price.

Two big thumbs up for Texas Roadhouse and I would recommend it to anyone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:03 pm 

We'll have to give this place a try. We've found over the years that any restaurant with a "Texas" connotation in its name is very good: Lone Star, Longhorn, etc.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 am 

10.5% tip? :sad:

I hope that's a typo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 am 
Site Admin

Are you talking about my post? I looked through the other posts and I don't see anything mentioned about tips. Am I missing something?

I don't add in tips when I write a restaurant review because I think people want to know the actual menu costs.

Our total was 27.48 plus 2.89 tax = 30.37
We tip a minimum of 20% on the total, but that can and will vary so I didn't mention it in the review.

Sorry if I was confusing you.