Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chucks Steakhouse
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:30 pm 

We arrived at Chucks around 5:00 P.M. with a party of 8 and were seated immediately. It was brought to my attention that they do take reservations and that is a pretty rare thing in Myrtle Beach.

Again, I thought Chucks salad bar was wonderful. Everything was fresh and delish. I am a picky salad eater (no bagged stuff for me) so for me to brag on the salad it has to be good. I don't know what is up with me because I didn't take a pic of the salad bar or my salad. Apparently I was hungry!

Also, A little perk that I love about Chucks is that they have a cheese station that you can pick up some cheese and crackers with your salad. I really like this little extra.

Doug and I both ordered off the Early Bird menu so the portions you see in these pics are smaller.

I had the ribs last fall and they were really good so I decided to have them again. This pic does not do them justice. They were meaty, juicy and I really liked the BBQ sauce.

Doug had the sirloin. Again, this pic does not do it justice. I had a bite and it was very tender.

Ryan had a full rack of ribs and was pleased with his meal.

Leanna just had the salad bar. She was ready to go back the next night.

Overall Chucks was good and I am sure we will return. If you are interested you can sign up for emails from Chucks and sometimes get either a free appetizer or 20% off your meal (does not include early bird). They are not pesty with their emails. I might see two or three a month at the most.

Post subject: Re: Chucks Steakhouse
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:31 am 

We love Chucks been there twice this trip.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for this review, Deanna. MB has a lot of restaurant openings and closing, but Chuck's has been around since 1979, which says a lot. They ave a loyal following and their reputation attracts many of our our visitors to the beach.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:57 am 

Returned to Chucks last night no pics every thing excellent as usual.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:25 am 

Returned to Chucks everything exellent as usual last night got a coupon on my phone for the onion soup. Got a picture of my salad and drink.Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:04 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
myrtle beachcomber wrote:
Returned to Chucks everything exellent as usual last night got a coupon on my phone for the onion soup. Got a picture of my salad and drink.

Are you sure that's a salad? Looks more like pasta to me! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:28 pm 
Forum Support

http://www.chuckssteakhousemb.com/

Menu looks good.

Has senior prices, early bird, and happy hour. Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:13 am 

myrtle beachcomber wrote:
Returned to Chucks everything exellent as usual last night got a coupon on my phone for the onion soup. Got a picture of my salad and drink.Image

Well up where I come from the definition of salad may differ you need 3 or 4 pieces of lettuce a layer of ham then hard boiled egg then cheese then dressing then top with bacon and more cheese . Now thats a salad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:19 am 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
Okey-dokey, then. :???: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:44 am 

Ive probably not eaten at Chuck's since the 90's. We rarely eat on the north end since we started staying in Surfside, but Chuck's sounds like it's still a solid choice. We may have to try and make it back there some day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:32 am 

Went to Chucks Sunday night and I am sorry to say this was the first time we have been dissapointed. My boy found a chip of glass in his french onion soup and when we gave it to the waitress she showed it to a waiter who said thats not good. Thats it!!!! service from our waitress was very poor after that I have already emailed to complain we will see what the response is.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:53 am 
Site Admin

Please let us know if you hear from Chucks. A chip of glass in the soup is beyond dangerous and might have involved a trip to the hospital. At the very least, your meal should have been free.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:47 am 

My email and Chucks reply Names removed.
Mr.

Let me start off by saying to your son, on behalf of the staff and management at Chuck’s, please accept our apology. We are all so relieved to know that you were not injured.

The incident is unacceptable on several levels. A piece or shard of anything is unacceptable, as well as the fact that once we were informed, we did not see the opportunity to do something about this immediately. We will be addressing this issue at our employee meeting today.

Please contact us at ChucksSteakHouse@sc.rr.com and provide us with your mailing address. We would like to send you a gift card for your next visit to Chuck’s.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your experience but more importantly thank you for your 20 years of patronage. We appreciate it.

David Adams

Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 7:09 AM
To: ChucksSteakHouse@sc.rr.com
Subject: Sunday July 3

Have been a Chucks customer for over 20 year's and this is the first occasion that I have to complain. Friday night 7 pm we were seated on the upper deck and my son found a chip of glass in his baked onion soup he handed it to our waitress who handed it to a waiter who said that's not good. The waitress did not even offer to replace the soup which obviously could not be eaten. I find a glass chip in soup to be very disturbing especially since he found it when he bit it. Just expressing my concerns. Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Good apology letter along with the gift card offer. I hope they fired a couple people over this incidence .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:28 am 

Chuck's Steak House - 9695 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 - http://www.chuckssteakhousemb.com/

It's been a long time since my parents and I have eaten at this restaurant. We were hungry and in the area, so we decided to give them a try. I have to say that the parking lot is a bit of a nightmare. It's always crowded and you often have to drive around several times to find a parking spot. Then again, we caught the tail end of the early bird crowd, so the place was packed. Any time you drive by, the parking lot will be full!

We were seated immediately at a table in front of the salad bar. The spot was fine and there was plenty of room between the line for the salad bar and our table. One minor difficulty we had was that the floor was brick or some kind of concrete with divots. It was so hard to get up out of the chairs because the wooden legs would get caught in the divots. We probably looked so silly trying to scoot our chairs out and in, lol. Our server came to our table quickly and took our drink and food order. We all opted for the salad bar. I love a salad bar! It's small, but I liked what they had offered and everything was fresh. The salad plates were soaking wet though. I had to dry mine off with a napkin from our table before I put any food on it. We all enjoyed our salads. A little while after we finished our salads, our food came out. My dad ordered the Filet Mignon with rice. My dad scarfed down his filet. He liked the rice as well. My mom ordered the Prime rib and baked potato. My mom thought her prime rib was just okay. She left more than half on her plate. Our server must have noticed because he asked her if she wanted a box to take it home. She declined. She liked her baked potato. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger with rice. I loved it! The burger was so juicy and was full of flavor. It's probably one of the best burgers I've had in Myrtle Beach. I also ordered a side of rice, which I enjoyed. We also ordered desserts, which were divine! Overall, two out of the three enjoyed our meals.

Filet Mignon with rice

Prime rib and baked potato

Bacon Cheeseburger with rice

Desserts