Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:35 pm 

Had the pizza that has portabello mushrooms in the ingredients. It's name was 3 initials,I think they were ucla , but not sure . It was a very good pizza and we can make a very good pizza ourselves, so we're extremely picky about our pizza! great place. They deliver and the menu is humongous, & also includes a ton of other items besides pizza.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:04 pm 

Yes, that was the "UCLA" pizza you had. Marinated portabella mushrooms topped with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Yesterday I called and had a medium size "Big Kahuna" delivered to the condo. It's called the (Monster Everything Pie)...very good!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 am 

Had UCP twice during our stay delivered to our condo. The first time we had the Large Big Kahuna. Great pizza and meal to start the trip off, was definitely a 2 handed pizza since the toppings alone weighed the pizza down that much. The second time we had sandwiches delivered for lunch. I had the Roast Beef and Cheddar and my wife had the Monterey Chicken. Very good sandwiches, tons of meat and cheese on both. Bread was toasted just right. They came with a very good potato salad and a pickle as well. Our friends got pepperoni pizzas both times and they said that it was very good as well. Would visit again and highly recommend.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:29 pm 

It is our tradition to order at least once from UCP. This year we ordered twice! The first night we ordered a large Golden Hawaiian pizza, an order of breadsticks and marinara sauce and a family salad and it was excellent!!!! $32 plus tip. We had more than enough for two suppers!

We were tired after a full day towards the end of the week and didn’t feel like going out so we decided to order from UCP again. Hubby had lasagna & salad and I had the Polynesian Chicken sandwich. $22 plus tip. Both were pronounced “excellent!” We’ll definitely order from here again next year!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:39 am 

UCP is a must for us every year. We went Monday of this week. We have never had a bad experience here but when we walked in, the hostess looked like she would rather spit on us than seat us. :shock: Thankfully, the waitress was in a better mood. We always order the same thing, large pizza, half Big Sur with pepperoni and extra sauce and half pepperoni only. Food came out pretty quickly. Something didn't look right. They had not only forgot the pepperoni, but the Big Sur portion didn't have chicken on it either. Waitress says "oh, sorry, that's really weird." and walked away. Ummmmm, ok. We were pretty much starving so we decided to just eat it rather than make a fuss and wait for a new pizza. We were either really hungry or we didn't miss the chicken because we finished the whole darn pizza. I guess the moral of the story is that even a bad UCP pizza is better than one from somewhere else LOL. The waitress did give us a small discount, so I guess she tried to make it right.
Our last night, we ordered delivery from UCP so the kids could spend most of their last night in the pools. Food was delivered freaky fast, got the same order plus the family salad. Everything was perfect that time. Enough that we will keep going back.