Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michael's Pizza
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:13 pm 

During our visit to Myrtle Beach last week, we tried Michael's Pizza for the first time. Michael's Pizza, Pasta & Grill is located at 1701 North Kings Hwy in Myrtle Beach, and their phone number is: 843-448-0332.

It is New York-style pizza, and while it isn't the best I've ever had on the Grand Strand, it was very good. The crust was just about perfect, the toppings were plentiful, and the sauce was definitely Italian (good mix of sweet and salty Italian spices).

Service was good, and the prices were very reasonable. They have about a dozen tables, and they sell beer. It was a nice dinner, and we'll be back again.

Post subject: Re: Michael's Pizza
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for writing a review! I just mentioned at the Meet-Up last night that Christine and Scott needed to write something about the restaurants they visited! I know we get lots of restaurants mentioned within a trip report, but it's so difficult (for me, anyhow) to locate them when I want to refresh my memory about what someone said.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:28 pm 

Michael's now has a website http://www.michaelspizzambsc.com/. Their Greek Salad is one of the best I've ever had, and their menu is pretty extensive.

Scott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:26 pm 

We love their white pizza w/ spinach and feta, and sometimes we add a protein. That and a glass of wine - yum! They offer specials at times. It can get crowded tho. Parkiing on the side is much easier than in the front.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 pm 

Since our daughter chose many of our restaurants this year, we visited many of the same places. Michael's was on the list again, and while Sarah had a calzone, Misti, A.J. and I each had salads (I had a delicious Greek Salad), and shared a large pepperoni pizza. Really good stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 am 

Glad I opened this and saw the picture because that looks like the pizza I'm looking for. Pizza is all about the crust, thin chewy crust as opposed to a bread like crust.

We had UCP when we were there and that is not our taste in pizza. It wasn't bad, just not pizza. I need a delivery for when we arrive at dinner time and Michael's not only has a great name (hence the "M" in my user name :mrgreen: ) but is 2 blocks from the Dayton House.

Last time we closed our eyes and pointed in the phone book. Think I'll give this place a call when we get to the room.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:06 am 

A picture is certainly better than a thousand words.... wow ! :nanner:

Thanks for the bumping this review... looking at the exterior, I would never think to stop there and would miss a gem. Looking again at the address, I probably have driven by a hundred times.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:44 am 

Tried Michael's for the first time on Friday, and wow, great pizza. It was delivered, so I can't critique the staff or restaurant interior, but the food was real good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:01 pm 

We ate at Michael's during our June trip. I will confess that I just glanced at the address of the place and drove way too far from our condo for carryout. So, with that happening, it would take a pretty special pizza for me to say it was worth the trip. I wouldn't say it was bad pizza, but like most other pizza's I have tried in MB, it didn't have that wow factor. If I had it to do over, I would just stop at the UCP next to the condo and if the situation was reversed, I would stop at Michael's instead of UCP.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:26 am 

I have heard many good things about them and a month or so ago, I called and ordered a Sicilian, which is my favorite. I'm still looking for a good Sicilian :)

I can't comment on their regular pies

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:09 am 

gary2beach wrote:
I have heard many good things about them and a month or so ago, I called and ordered a Sicilian, which is my favorite. I'm still looking for a good Sicilian :)

I can't comment on their regular pies

Gary

I've yet to find a truly great pizza in MB. I've found quite a few that were OK, but not that nothing that would keep me from trying something else.