Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Mellow Mushroom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 am 

We got pizza here twice during our visit. They are on 21st street, past BATB and closer to the by-pass. My daughter has celiacs and can't eat gluten/wheat. They happen to have a gluten free pizza that is pretty good. According to my family, the other pizzas were delicious too.
Angela

Post subject: Re: The Mellow Mushroom
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 pm 

Agree on Gluten Free! I had a gluten free pizza at Mellow Mushroom in Savannah, GA and was pleased to see them in Myrtle Beach also.

Checkout Dominos GF pizza too -- they give lots of warnings about possible cross contamination, but I've never had a problem.

Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets & fries are also amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:16 am 

the one there is the first mellow mushroom we ever tried, and we liked it. tried others but didn't like as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 pm 

My parents and I dined here on 9/3/15. We were seated immediately. Our server was great. She took our drink and appetizer orders. We ordered the pretzel appetizer (half order). We choose the butter and kosher salt pretzels with a side of mustard. The half order was 3 large pretzels, which was well over enough for us. They were warm and fresh. We also ordered the meatball trio, which was three large meatballs, with fresh mozzarella, red sauce, shaved parmesan cheese and basil. The meatballs could have been a little hotter, but they tasted great, and weren't salty. I'm not a big fan of red sauce, but theirs was so good that I found myself scooping it up on my plate to dip my meatball in. For our main meal, we ordered pizzas. My parents ordered the medium 14" Build Your own pizza, with mozzarella, pepperoni, and sausage. I ordered the small 10" Maui Wowie. It has a pesto base with ham, jerk chicken, pineapple, banana peppers, applewood smoked bacon, and mozzarella. Our pizzas and food overall were excellent. Our pizzas had plenty of toppings and the crust was so soft. My dad never eats the crusts of his pizza but he certainly scarfed his down! The pizza slices are a lot larger than you think. The menu said their smallest pizza, 10" was 4 slices, but the slices are huge. I ended up cutting those 4 slices in half to make 8 "normal" slices of pizza. You'll definitely have a lot left over!

Mellow Mushroom is one of my favorite places to get pizza. We don't have any near us back home, so we definitely make it a point to stop in at least once when we're down here.

Meatball Trio appetizer

The power went out and I wasn't able to get photos inside the restaurant, so I had to snag photos of these next three items in their take-home boxes. All of the food is cold, so it might not look as appetizing - but trust me, it was!
Butter and Kosher Salt Pretzel appetizer (half order was 3 pretzels)

Maui Wowie Pizza (pesto base, ham, jerk chicken, pineapple, banana peppers, applewood smoked bacon, mozzarella)

Build Your Own Pizza (pepperoni, sausage, mozzarella)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:53 pm 

Thanks for the review and the pics. Will have to try the Mello shroom our next visit... that meatball trio looks amazing :nanner:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for uploading the photos! Look delicious!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:13 am 

KirkG wrote:
Thanks for the review and the pics. Will have to try the Mello shroom our next visit... that meatball trio looks amazing :nanner:

They were very good! I believe they have a meatball sub as well, so I assume those same meatballs are what's on the sub. We would definitely try them again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:48 pm 

Mellow Mushroom - 1571 21st Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 - http://mellowmushroom.com/store/myrtle-beach/menu

My parents and I called in an order for pickup. We ordered the Garlic butter and Parmesan pretzels, a Spiked Sausage Hoagie on multi-grain bread, and a Build Your Own Pizza with pepperoni and meatball.

The half order of pretzels comes three to an order and comes with red sauce for dipping. We ordered the Turbodog Beer Cheese for an extra $2. We discovered it was left out of our order when we arrived home. We called to let them know and they were sincerely apologetic. And yes, we went back to the restaurant to pick it up! What can I say, I love my dipping sauces! The pretzels were great, as always. The beer cheese WAS worth going back for. I would definitely order again. The Spiked Sausage hoagie had crumbled sausage grilled with Rogue beer, grilled onions, green peppers, MontAmore cheese, mozzarella cheese, and garlic aioli on a rye hoagie roll. My hoagie could have been filled out a little more. There were more green peppers than sausage on my sandwich, so that was a bit disappointing. The sausage had a great taste though. My parents enjoyed their pepperoni and meatball pizza. Their pizza is always delicious. I wish Mellow Mushroom would put a location close to us in Annapolis!

Build Your Own Pizza with pepperoni and meatball

Garlic butter and Parmesan pretzels with Turbodog Beer Cheese

Spiked Sausage Hoagie on multi-grain bread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 pm 

Looks yummy!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Wow...nothing like adding photos to help a review! This looks GREAT! :cool: Thank you so much for taking the time to post all your wonderful reviews. :nanner:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:59 pm 

I'm hungry now Image

Image Las Vegas Oct 2016 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 pm 

Mellow Mushroom | 1571 21st Ave N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 | https://mellowmushroom.com/location/sc- ... e-n-29577/

Meatball Trio (3 grilled meatballs with fresh mozzarella on Mellow red sauce with shaved parmesan, basil, and sprinkled with breadcrumbs) - Delicious, as always!

Garlic Butter and Parmesan Pretzels with Mellow red sauce and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cheese (extra charge) - Pretzels were burnt in several places and didn't taste the way they did the previous times we ordered them. The beer cheese was good.

Build-Your-Own Pizza (small 10", cheese, pepperoni, ground beef) - Pepperoni made the slices pretty greasy. They had to blot the slices before they ate them. BUT, the pizza was delicious.

Red Skin Potato Pie Pizza (Olive oil and garlic base with red potato, Applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, cheddar, mozzarella, chives, sour cream and spicy ranch dressing) - My pizza suffered from the same greasy issues, but was great nonetheless.

My parents and I ate here on a Wednesday and the restaurant was quite full. We were seated at a table immediately. Our server was polite and attentive. We never had to ask for refills. There are a few TVs throughout the restaurant. The night we were there they had sports news on. It was also Trivia night in the bar, so we got to hear (and answer amongst ourselves) the questions that were being asked. That was pretty fun.

Overall, we'd definitely return. The food was good as was the service. We probably wouldn't order the pretzels again. We most certainly would order the meatballs and both pizzas again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:57 am 
Site Admin

I'm always glad to hear positive reviews like this about our local restaurants! Your photos and comments are excellent! Thank you!