Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Angelo's
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:52 am 

UPDATE ON ANGELO's: Moving to new location (3 blocks south of current spot) on Thursday, October 4, 2012.

More info:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/1 ... urant.html

Also posted in the "What's New..." forum for maximum awareness...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:09 pm 

We made our first trip to Angelo's in March during our Spring Break Trip. This was in the new building, and since we had never been to the old one, we cannot comment on any changes. I can just say that it was fantastic, and though it was classified as a buffet, the food was outstanding. They are famous for their steaks, but we were on a mission for Italian food on this night.

We went for the early Early Bird Buffet (before 6pm) for only $10.95 per person.

Our server was great, and like the Olive Garden, they brought out a bowl of salad with their homemade house Italian dressing and some bread sticks to share. We did order a pitcher of beer, and the price was very reasonable (I think it was only $7 for Yuengling). The buffet is different in that you never touch the plates or serving dishes until your plate is full. There are servers behind a glass wall who fill up your plate to your specifications.

They had many dishes to choose from, and each were delicious. Some unusual dishes, too... not just spaghetti and meatballs. They also had fried chicken and Italian green beans, new potatoes, lasagnas (veggie and beef), pizzas, different pastas and different sauces, and more.

It was an outstanding meal, and we will definitely be back.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:56 pm 

WVParkfan wrote:
We went for the early Early Bird Buffet (before 6pm) for only $10.95 per person.
Scott

Scott,

Do you recall what the non early bird price was?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

The price for the Italian Buffet after 6 PM is $12.95. ($10.95 until 6 PM)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:22 pm 

patrish wrote:
The price for the Italian Buffet after 6 PM is $12.95. ($10.95 until 6 PM)

Thanks Patrish. That's not too bad either, but I'll try to get there before 6.

Post subject: Angelo's
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:50 am 

Myrtlebbeach bum I can't wait for a review. I have my 'tapatalk' back, our city finally, after 8 days without water can now safely use it, and I am back in MB mode!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:02 pm 

My parents and I ate here on 9/4/15. It was our first time here - shocking, I know! We arrived around 5:30pm and the parking lot was pretty full. We get into the restaurant and there are a bunch of groups waiting. My mom goes to the hostess desk to inquire about the wait time and we're bracing for the worst. We were given a wait time of 5-10 minutes, but were seated in 2 minutes. :notworthy: We were seated in a dining room with only 5 other tables occupied (and once we got our meals, the entire room was full!) Our server came over to take our drink orders. We got salad and warm bread to start. My mom ordered the 8oz filet, with a baked potato and green beans. My dad ordered the 8oz filet with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. I ordered a 12oz filet with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and a side of bleu cheese garlic butter for my steak. Our food came out in a reasonable about of time. Our steaks were cooked perfectly. They were tender and juicy and well worth the price. Our sever was attentive and friendly. We've definitely added Angelo's to our list of "must return" restaurants.

The salad was fresh and featured a nice dressing.

Warm bread

12oz filet, mashed potatoes, green beans

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:15 pm 

Angelo’s Steak and Pasta | 2311 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 | https://www.angelosteakandpasta.com

My family and I came in for dinner on a Wednesday, a little after 6pm. We were told there was a wait for a table in the main dining room. We weren’t interested in the buffet. The hostess had a four top table in the corner of the bar area and said we could sit there. There were people at the bar but no one else was seated around us, so it was nice to have that corner all to ourselves. We were given bread and salad for the table to start.

Our server took a very long time to come over. She stopped by initially to let us know she’d be right with us, but then I saw her standing at the bar talking to the bartenders and customer. She finally came over to take our order. The service was average. She was very friendly, but wasn’t all that attentive. We had several dirty plates piled up that she didn’t take when she brought the food out. Before we could ask for her to take them away, she disappeared into the kitchen. She came around once for a refill and we had to ask her to take the plates away to make room. She was more interested in chatting with the bartenders and their customers.

Overall, we would return! Hopefully we’d get a different server, but we enjoyed the food. The steaks are worth it.

Garlic rolls. The rolls were huge! They had garlic on top and a little bit of olive oil and butter.

Salad for the table. The salad was pretty good. It was a little hard to mix up since all the dressing sank to the bottom. The greens and salad fixings were fresh.

Side of Italian sausage. My dad ordered a side of Italian sausage for the table. I did not like the taste of them, nor did my mother. My dad thought they were okay. The casing was so thick that we could barely cut through to separate them. My dad had to scrape out the sausage from the casing using a knife. We wouldn’t order them again.

12 oz Filet Mignon with Italian green beans. My dad loved his steak. It was cooked the way he wanted and it was seasoned well. If you don’t want the seasoning, you can tell them to leave it off. He enjoyed the Italian green beans. He said the spaghetti was good. He loved the meat sauce. He felt it had a great flavor.

12 oz Filet Mignon with Italian green beans, baked potato, sour cream. My mom thought her steak was really good. It was cooked perfectly. The baked potato was good and she loved her green beans. She liked that there were peppers and onions mixed in.

Side of spaghetti and meat sauce

Fettuccine Alfredo (butter, whole cream, garlic, romano cheese) with meatballs added. The fettuccine alfredo was delicious. It was creamy and very rich. I had to take over half of it to-go because I got so full. The meatballs were homemade and they were just okay. I thought they tasted odd. My dad tried them and thought there was nothing wrong. They were just too mushy for my tastes. Once I had a bite in my mouth, it kind of fell apart into mush, if that makes sense.