Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Angelo's
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 am 

I find it hard to believe that there are no existing post about this restaurant!

We visited it for the first time. They have a $12.95 all-you-can-eat italian buffet. They also have a menu available. Steak is their specialty, although we both had the buffet. Meat and cheese ravioli, lasagna, pizza, spaghetti and meatballs. The food is good, yet, you can only eat so much lasagna before getting sick of it.

Buffet comes with garlic rolls and a house salad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:26 pm 

If a certain Canadian member had used a certain feature that we always tell NEW people to use to find topics of interest (SEARCH), a certain Canadian member would have found a certain topic that pre-existed for a certain Italian restaurant.

http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtop ... ht=angelos

This is why we have a border at the 49th parallel -- to delineate those who are willing to use certain features of certain message boards from those who are not. Posting double topics for a venue will now forever be known as the "Canadian Posting Method". :-)

Annie, give us another one of those big, sparkling smiles of yours! [You know I love you.]

For those of you looking for even more information about Angelo's, you can use the search function at the top of this page to find all posts containing "Angelos" or "Angelo's" or "OMG, I nearly exploded in the lobby on the way out!" You'll find other reviews, comments, and suggestions sprinkled throughout various restaurant topics and trip reports.

Or you can channel the spirit of Annie and honor the Canadian Posting Method by submitting yet another note to the "Italian Restaurants" section asking, "Anyone ever heard of a place named Angelo's? Any good?"

--Friendly Restaurant Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:07 pm 

Annie, Never mind Leo. That other post was under "beef and steaks". You didn't eat beef or steaks, you ate Italian. You made the post in the right spot. If I was looking for an Italian restaurant, I would be glad your review was there. Right where it was supposed to be.

Jeff : Non Moderator and Defender of the little guy

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:59 am 

Thank you Jeff. I found Angelo's under the Beef and Steak section after I posted here. And then I thought..."It's an Italian restaurant. It should be in the Italian section!"

If I wanted Greek, but the Greek place serves great steaks, I'd look under the Greek section, but that's just me. :twisted:

While I was on my trip, I browsed the forum with my lil' bitty Blackberry, and could not for the life of me figure out why Angelo's was not listed in the Italian section.

And Leo? You better watch it, because Julie is getting there in three days, and she will defend me. You also do not want to mess with a pregnant woman. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:15 am 

I will stand behind my fellow Canadian.. Angelo's = Italian.

And (totally off topic) I will be in the vicinity of Angelo's (the ITALIAN restaurant) in mere days! :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

Post subject: Angelo's is number 1!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:26 pm 

It doesn't look like anyone has has posted on Angelo's for a while and being new I feel like it's my duty ;) On our Honeymoon to MB 2 summers ago, we were so hungry after the flights etc, so we drove around and stumbled upon Angelo's. It was so cute and "homey" and welcoming. The salad's and dinner rolls were delicious!!! But the real winner was the steak!!!! I literally can not believe how delicious it was. We went back to MB this past summber and went there for our first dinner again and ordered a different kind of steak.. PERFECT!!!! Whenever we go to MB it will be our tradition to eat there our first night! :) Hopefully we'll be back this coming summer! Oh ya, and the waiting staff is always awesome! You must try this place!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:44 pm 

Angelo's is still our #1 fave for steak...we went again this past week... rolls/salad/ 10oz. strip steak/baked potato & some wonderful shrimp...I think called Shrimp Francesa??? anyway they were stuffed with crab and had a wonderful sauce...The wonderful italian smells almost tempted me to get the buffet...but maybe next year... Mike was our server...he was awesome...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:14 pm 

Hi if you don't mind how much did your steak cost? I got on their website, but steak prices were not listed. We are thinking about trying it since we read all of the high reviews on their steaks....and we do love a good steak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:32 pm 

I am not sure of the exact price...I am thinking somewhere around $15-$19 for 10 oz New York Strip...I do remember that for two of us it was
$73...My friend had either a rib-eye or filet mignon...the meals came with salad, rolls, baked potato, green beans with the rib-eye/filet?...I also got a shrimp dish...ice tea & water...taste/tenderness well worth the price.

Sorry, it tok me so long to answer...reality of being home...15 yr old refrigerator...chilled it's last food item & died on us...bought a new one today...

JoAnn :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:22 pm 

Sounds great thanks for the reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:36 am 

Here's a blurb from my trip report:

After the beach, we got ready for dinner. We always eat at Angelo's Steak and Pasta for our first dinner of our vacation. It was as delicious as ever. I stand by their "best steaks in the universe" slogan! Corey had a 14 oz and I had a 10oz. Both served on a sizzling platter, which is great because the meat stays hot through the whole meal. They were cooked to the perfect medium that we like. We always get their bleu cheese butter as a side, which really tops off the steaks. They do charge for that, but want to mention that one side of it is more than enough for 2 people, even though it's under $2 for it I believe. Mine came with a side of garlic mashed potatoes which I found OK, Corey's baked potato was delicious though. They also serve you with a house salad and garlic butter dinner rolls while you wait for your dinner. The bill was about $75 including tip and 2 beers.. We generally give a 20% tip for reference. All staff was courteous and great!

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

Post subject: Re: Angelo's
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:03 pm 

Was given a great recommendation for Angelo's by a friend, so we'll be looking to give it a try this year. The only problem is this... for years our kids wouldn't eat Italian food. Now, however, our 18 year old has a good friend who's Mother is full blooded Italian and has been making him great food. Thus, he's back into Italian food and has convinced his 12 year old sister to start enjoying Manicoti, Ravioli, and other Italian dishes.

Here's the problem: Since our kids didn't eat Italian food for years, my wife and I take every opportunity we can to enjoy a fine Italian meal (which has been extremely rare over the years). We're not buffet people, but Angelo's sounds wonderful and I would love to have so many great Italian dishes for an evening out. However, I don't think I can pass up the "greatest steak in the Universe." So, what to do? Italian buffet or greatest steak ever? Oh my!

I'll take recommendations for either, but can't do both. Recently lost 25 pounds over the last 3 months by eating healthy and walking a mile every day. Don't think I could eat BOTH a steak and an Italian meal. Stomach just isn't that big anymore!!

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:25 pm 

Their steak was THE best steak we have ever had in MB. Seriously that good. My husband was saying just the other day how amazing their steaks were. We live out in Longs so it is a bit of a drive for us but soooo worth it! So I am voting you eat one heck of a good steak and eat Italian food somewhere else (Bistro 90 is exceptional).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm 

You do not go to Angelo's for the Italian buffet, it is not all that, people go there for the steaks, if I am eating there it's def not for the buffet.

As Em says, if you want Italian you go to Bistro 90, or Old World, Rossi's (for steak also), Scatori's, Finnochio's and a few others.

Just as a reminder, to find discounts or coupons here or at home, search for business/restaurant name and the town in Google, you will find your link to savings.

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:09 pm 

What I liked about Angelos buffet is they had servers dishing up the food on the plates, not the gazillion customers coming through there serving themselves. REALLY, liked that feature!!!!!