Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Solè
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:45 am 

Solè Italian Restaurant | 3401 N Kings Hwy | http://www.soleitalianrestaurant.com/

My parents and I ate here on 9/6/15. The restaurant got great reviews online and we love Italian food. The restaurant is located at the end of small strip mall, so it's easy to miss. The restaurant was nicely decorated inside. We were greeted and asked if we had a reservation. I thought that was a little odd considering only two tables were occupied. We were seated promptly. We were given bruschetta. I have to say that it reminded me of Villa Romana's - fresh tomatoes, crispy bread - it was very good. One of the servers brought out fresh parmesan and an olive oil mixture to our table. She mixed the two on our plate for our bread. Our server, who happened to be the owner's son, came over to tell us a bit about himself, the restaurant, and his family. He told us that everything is fresh and cooked to order. Nothing is pre-made, not even the soups. He informed us of the specials and appetizer. I ordered the special $10 appetizer of the day: Fiocchi, which are pasta purses with ricotta and other cheeses paired with hot pear inside. It was divine! I would have eaten an entire bowl full of them if it were in front of me. We all got side salads with their homemade vinaigrette, which were tasty. My dad ordered the Pasta e Fagioli soup and he enjoyed it. For our main meals, I ordered the fettuccine alfredo with chicken. The alfredo was not thick or heavy and the noodles were cooked perfectly. My mother ordered one of the specials, which was flounder stuffed with crab meat in a lobster sauce and pasta substituted for risotto. Our meals were great. Everything was fresh, cooked properly, and had tons of flavor. By the time we got our meals, every table was full. Now I know why the woman asked us if we had reservations! It got so busy that people were waiting at the bar to be seated, and some even left after hearing there was a 30 minute wait. For dessert, I ordered an Italian cheesecake (made with ricotta cheese, which makes it lighter) and my parents ordered tiramisu. Again, everything was delicious. I will say the service was slow at times. It took a very long time to get our check. However, all the tables in the dining room were filled. Our server, his wife, and one other server (maybe his sister?) were on the floor. All of them took orders, made drinks, cleared plates, etc. We will definitely return! I would recommend making reservations. I skimmed through other reviews online for this restaurant and a lot of people mentioned the room fills up pretty quickly. I believe there were no more than 10 tables in the entire restaurant.

Bruschetta

Olive oil and parmesan dip for the bread

Pasta e Fagioli soup

Fiocchi appetizer

Salad with homemade vinaigrette

Shrimp with Crab Balls and pasta substituted for risotto

Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken

Italian cheesecake

Post subject: Re: Solè
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:04 pm 

Wow. another great restaurant. Thanks for telling us about this one... Looks really good too! It's often the smaller little places that folks like the most... Really enjoyed the review... Enjoyed the photos as well...Thanks again...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:45 am 

Looks wonderful!!! Thanks for the review and pictures :sunny: !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:58 am 
Site Admin

Lia, thank you for taking the time to write this review and upload the photos. It looks SO GOOD!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:21 am 

Thanks for the review and the photos were great! Always nice to find new places to try.