Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rossi's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:57 am 

When we walked in I immediately saw the white linen table clothes and thought oh my maybe I should have checked out the prices before we came here. Oh well too late now. We were all seated and our service was excellent. I was excited to be trying this place out. We received our salads and they were very good. The only complaint being they had alot of salad dressing. Of course Doug loved that!

The next plus was the bread. It was loaded with garlic and cheese. Very Good! We asked for seconds

My mom and I shared Manicotti with Alfredo Sauce. I thought it was good. My mom wasn't so blown away.

Doug ordered the lasagna. It was very spicy and loaded with garlic. Not the best I have had.

My mother in law and sister in law shared the Chicken Marsala. When I do get the chance to eat out at the Olive Garden or Carrabba's this is what I order. I will have to say Rossi's needs to take some lessons from Olive Garden and Carrabba's. The Chicken Marsala was not good. I saw my sister in laws face when she took the first bite and I knew something was wrong. It wasn't good.

My brother in law got some kind of chicken dish. Sorry I didn't get the name. I didn't taste it, but I will let you judge for yourself. He ate it all and didn't complain.

Our experience at Rossi's was both good and bad. Salad's and bread were very good and entree's were just ok. In my opinion it was not any better than Carrabba's and it was more expensive. Would we go back??? Probably not. We all left kinda wishing we had went somewhere else.

Post subject: Re: Rossi's
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:21 am 
Site Admin

I looked forward to reading your review. We have been to Rossi's only once. We thought it was overpriced for what we ordered. (I guess it's expensive to keep buying those white tablecloths when the pasta stains don't come out!) We felt like we could enjoy the sames menu items at other restaurants where they tasted better and cost less.

They call themselves a "local favorite" but I don't believe that is true. None of the locals I know have made return visits. However, the restaurant continues to do well, and it seems to be quite popular with our visitors...especially golfers.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and remember to always ask for dressing on the side. That looked like w-a-y too much in the photo!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 am 

we had issues with Rossi's food when we tried it a few years ago. I had ordered the chicken marsala as well and agree that it was terrible. the service was impeccable but not enough to make me come back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 am 

I have to agree with the negative regarding rossi's as well. Entree's are average at best, overpriced and we went years back when my son was about 2 or 3 and the service experience we had was extremely poor, and it takes a lot for me to complain about service.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:29 am 

As I sated in another thread here one time we used to go to Rossis a lot back in the late 80s early 90s but they have long since priced themselves out of our price range.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:50 am 

It was interesting reading this review. It was popular for a while, but we decided to give Umberto's a try...when at Barefoot Landing. Umberto's, for us, was really good. Rossi's not so much.

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994