Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Luigi's Trattoria
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:00 pm 

While looking for an Italian restaurant close to our hotel, we discovered Luigi's Trattoria on google maps. It was close to the hotel, but we had a difficult time finding it. The restaurant is on 61st Avenue North, behind some other businesses on Highway 17 (Jimmagan's Sports Bar/ Pizza Shack). Look for the Food Lion behind Kirk's Ice Cream, and Luigi's is across 61st Ave from the parking lot exit.

http://www.luigismyrtlebeach.com/

Once we found the place, we had a wonderful meal. The building has several rooms, all with nice decorations, wine racks, and white linens on the tables. Our waiter was very friendly and very helpful. They started us off with a hot Italian bread with olive oil and red peppers for dipping. The girls ordered off of the kid's menu, and the portions were huge (and were only $6). They had Fettuccini Alfredo and Cheese Ravioli. Their meals were homemade, and we all shared a little of each. Misti and I shared the Baked Lasagna, and it was more than the two of us could eat. The meal came with a salad that we also shared with their homemade house Italian dressing. I had a Peroni Beer and Misti had a glass of white wine, recommended by our waiter.

The lighting was dim but not dark. The music was soft in the background and very pleasant. It was just a great atmosphere with fantastic food. I understand that they also have live entertainment on certain evenings. If you are looking for a small, family-run local Italian restaurant, I highly recommend Luigi's.

Scott

Post subject: Re: Luigi's Trattoria
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Scott, thanks for this review, and for reminding me of the restaurant. They have a good reputation and are popular with the locals.

As you said, it is not in a very visible location, and that's probably why I tend to forget. The last time we were there was with a group of 20+ people. The food was all good and so was the service, considering the variety of menu orders and the servers having to remember who ordered what.

I need to put them back on my "to do" list! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject: Re: Luigi's Trattoria
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:22 am 

Hello.
Our family of four ate there last evening and it was one our most enjoyable dinners so far on this trip.
We had the stuffed mushrooms and bruschetta to start. Both were great. My wife had the shrimp pasta with marinara and it was flavorful. One son went with the rack of lamb feature and he's still raving about it this morning. The other had the Lobster Ravioli based on recommendations from the board. He said it was the best he has had and loved the added touch of the lobster tail meat on top. I had the pan seared scallops and they simply melt in your mouth and cooked exactly perfect. We shared three great desserts, cannoli, the cheesecake and the tsunami (sorry I cannot remember the name).
This was our first time and will not be our last. It was a very nice and relaxing evening and the service staff were excellent. We highly recommend Luigi's. The quality and portion sizes were just right for our liking.

Tj