Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rossi's
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:24 am 

We've first went to Rossi's about 3 years ago and really enjoyed it, so we thought we'd try it again tonight. We were sat at a table off the the side in the back room. The table was pretty big so we had plenty of room to spread out. There were about 6 or 7 big tables filled with what appeared to be groups of golfers. We wanted to get our orders in asap!

My father ordered the crab cake appetizer and did not enjoy it. As I've stated here before, my dad is what I call the Maryland crab cake connoisseur. He has to try any crab cake on the menu whenever he's out of state and 99% of the time, he does not like it. He never learns his lesson lol. We all ordered house salads with the house dressing. The dressing was really good and the salads were fresh. The garlic bread was soooo good. I think we ordered a total of three baskets for the table, it just kept disappearing! My mother ordered the penne pasta with italian sausage. The sausages were huge! I ordered the chicken ricardo and it was made just how I like it. The chicken and capers weren't drowning in the lemon sauce like in other restaurants. My meal also came with a side order of pasta, so I chose the fettucine alfredo. I would say that it's one of the best alfredo's I've had. It was creamy, the pasta was cooked perfectly and the taste was out of this world. My father ordered the Italian sampler platter, which he enjoyed. There was plenty of food, so we all took about half of our meals home for lunch tomorrow. With tip and a soda, the meal came to ~$110. Pricey - but definitely worth it in our opinion.

The only "bummer" of the night was the service. Our waiter was very friendly, but barely came to our table to check up on us. It took us 20 minutes just to get in our order after we received our drinks and I think he came to our table once after our food arrived. He did have a big table somewhere towards the back of the restaurant so maybe he was occupied with that?

Rossi's

House salad with dressing and parmesan cheese

Chicken Ricardo

Penne Pasta with Italian Sausage

Sampler Platter

I apologize for the poor quality in photos. I used a low light setting on the camera (I didn't want the flash to go off in the restaurant) so they're a bit spotty.

Post subject: Re: Rossi's
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for writing this review, and I'm happy to hear Rossi's is still serving good food!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:10 pm 

I'm not a picky eater by any means and I'm always open to try new restaurants. I'm not afraid to try something completely new to me. When we were invited by some friends to dine at Rossi's, I was momentarily excited due to the fact that I had never been.

We arrived right at their opening time and obviously seated promptly. The atmosphere is fabulous and the staff were friendly and very professional. The menu was vast and many dishes appealed to my taste buds. I settled on the chicken marsala while the ladies in our group went for the special.

To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. The food was not even close to being worth the cost. I've had frozen dinners that weren't nearly as bland. The entire group agreed on this sentiment and assured each other that a future visit was not in the cards. The saddest part was that the best dish was my boy's spaghetti and meatballs. I can make that at home!!!

I used to thoroughly enjoy places of this nature. They made me feel uppity and debonaire. I chuckle now as I reflect upon my sanctimonious attitude way back when.

With all that being said, I highly recommend Villa Romana. My best friend and fiance' accompanied me there 3 years ago and we all agreed it was one of the best Italian dining experiences we've ever had.

Just my two cents, folks. Cheers!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting comments, Phroggy! We haven't been to Rossi's in several years, but that's because we've found other Italian restaurants closer to us that we like a lot, and we don't feel the need to drive that far north to get good Italian food. Some of our friends who have been to Rossi's in last year or so complained about price increases.

One thing I've learned from reading this message board for so many years is that people from the Maryland coast and people from the Hampton Roads area of VA do NOT like anything in SC made with crab. Even our local Blue Crabs, so popular with the locals, receive blah reviews from our MD and VA members. I've heard this so often that I simply tell people from these areas to PLEASE not eat our crabs....they will be disappointed! But I can't figure out why some enterprising restaurant owner from MD doesn't come down here and open a restaurant. I'm sure it would be a big hit.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:10 am 

We used to go to Rossis a lot back in the 90s as it is in walking distance of our abode but they have quite frankly priced themselves out of our budget. If we are going to spend that much money we will got to Flamingo Grill and have something intresting we just cannot bring ourselves to pay that much for plain old Italian food.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 am 

myrtle beachcomber wrote:
We used to go to Rossis a lot back in the 90s as it is in walking distance of our abode but they have quite frankly priced themselves out of our budget. If we are going to spend that much money we will got to Flamingo Grill and have something intresting we just cannot bring ourselves to pay that much for plain old Italian food.

Never been to Rossis, but agree with the part about not wanting to pay for overpriced Italian food. Not a whole lot of cost to a lot of the items. Not going to pay $15+ for a plate of spaghetti anywhere.