Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

1285 38th Ave. North
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
(843) 445-7100

Below is the website that comes up on a search, but it appears to be a generic restaurant site, with no mention of this restaurant. Perhaps it is in the process of being made.
http://www.capriccioinc.com/

We've heard good things about Capriccio from friends. They all say it's a "neighborhood favorite." However, it's not in MY neighborhood.

But last night we were out with friends, and since we were not far from Capriccio, we thought we'd give it a try. We decided it's the best spur of the moment choice we've made recently.

The building is located in the strip of stores you see around the BiLo Super Market on 38th Ave. It's small, and it was already crowded when we arrived around 6. We only waited about 5 minutes before being led to our table.

I can see why people like this place. I was depending on the website to give me prices and menu items, but now I'll have to rely on my failing memory. I do know what Wally and I ordered:

Lasagna 12.95 (including salad)
Eggplant Rollatini (including salad and either vegetables or pasta.)12.95
The house wine was $5. glass

Both our portions were twice as big as any one person needs, and we brought half of it home.

There were two choices of eggplant on the menu, and I chose the Rollatini only because that's what the waiter recommended. I asked for vegetables instead of pasta as my side dish, and for me, it was a good choice. Steamed and fresh zucchini, squash and carrots.

Wally said he thought the lasagna was delicious, and the bite I had made me think so too. It was unusual to find thin slices of lasagna, and the sauce was very tasty. (Knowing this after the fact, I might have ordered it too.)

The salads are small, but contained enough items to make me happy.

Our friends Gary and Gail shared a large (and I DO mean large) Margarita Pizza and pronounced it very good. They, too, took half of it home.

Service was excellent. Even the chef came out before we left to ask about our meals.

The menu was varied. If I recall, some entree prices were up to 19.00, but they also had sandwiches offered for, I think, about $7. I should have paid more attention, but I was so certain they would have a website.

I would recommend this place! I'm sure we'll go back, whether we're "in the neighborhood" or not.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:32 pm 

I've ate there several times. Nice part about it is that the Chef is the father and the son runs things up front.

The first time I ate there was after teaching a class to some Homeland Security folks up in North Carolina on a weekend; got to Cappricio's later Sunday night and ordered a pizza to take home. One of the guys burned the pizza slightly on just one end; but Mike (the son) insisted they make another one that was right - AND that I take the other one too if I wanted. PLUS he discounted the price.

I didn't think the first one was really bad, but took them up on that. Great food, great service, and all else you posted about them...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

We returned to this restaurant last night because we were in the area, and we've been wanting to try one of their pizzas.
We ordered the large Chicken Marsala, and it was delicious. It tasted just like Chicken Marsala, with lots of fresh mushrooms
and tender chicken served on a crisp pizza crust.

The price was 16.99 for the large pizza, cut into 8 huge pieces. We forced ourselves to eat half, then brought the rest home. Friendly service and good food!

I see that their website is still not up and running. Wish I had checked it earlier, because I would have asked about it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 pm 

Wow, Pizza looks fantastic I can almost
smell that.....Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:58 pm 

Definitely agree..... fantastic pic, can't wait to try some ! And eggplant rollatini... that's a great price ! Who needs a website when you have food like this..... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 pm 
Forum Support

Looks awesome Patrish! I'm hungry now for pizza!

I did a little googling. While their website isn't working, the menu is up on this site.

http://dinemyrtle.com/capriccio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Melissa, good sleuthing! Thanks so much for locating the link and sharing it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:30 am 
Site Admin

I have moved all the information not related to Capriccio Italian Restaurant to a new topic under the heading General Information. named:
Linking your photos on the message board

This will includes the two sample photos, just posted, along with other pertinent posts.

The rules about posting these images will be added to the other rules, under the Administrative Announcement heading.

Please no not post anything else here (unless it relates to Capriccio, of course!) :clown: