Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:43 pm 

I am so excited about this new place that we found for breakfast that I am breaking my no trip report rule on vacation and sharing with you guys.
Finally a unique, excellent place for breakfast. I have been looking for this exact kind of place here in Myrtle Beach for years. It was my goal this week to eat at several new places and this was one of my picks. I can't tell you how many times I have looked over and saw this place and it never dawned on me that it might be good :roll: . Croissants Bistro & Bakery is located on 3751 Grissom Parkway right before you get to Broadway off of Hwy 31.

As you can see it is small and they do take and recommend reservations

We walked in and I was so thankful that I did not throw my hat on like I had intended to do. It was a little more upscale than that.

Our waitress was very nice and professional. She started out by sharing all the drinks with us. They had a Bloody Mary bar (I thought about Ron :lol: ) and also Mimosa's and Sangria.

We were given complimentary chocolate chip muffins and they were yummy. Check out the crystallized sugar on top.

We actually went for brunch this morning because they only offer Banana Foster French Toast for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. I love Banana Foster French Toast and this was a very special treat. It came highly recommended and it was delish. The pic does not even come close to doing it justice. The syrup was straight from heaven. It didn't have a heavy bourbon taste and I honestly could have licked my plate when finished.

My mother got the Banana Crepes. Again delish and the pic does not do it justice! When I first looked at it I thought that is not going to be very good. Well let me tell ya it was very good.

Ok, this is the menu item that I would have probably picked dead last if I had a choice. My mother in law got the Velvet Elvis Sandwich. It had peanut butter, banana, candied bacon, and honey with a bourbon bacon glaze. Can I just say oh my gosh it was wonderful!!!

My sister in law got the Greek Omelette and I forgot to take a pic :mad: It was my least favorite thing we ordered. Of course that may be because it was the most healthy :lol: I did get a pic of her specialty coffee.

We very much enjoyed Croissants Bistro & Bakery. We liked it so much we are planning to go back for breakfast later in the week with some friends of ours. I guess you all will get to see pics from round 2 :lol:

Here is the link if you want to check our the menu http://www.croissants.net/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:31 am 

Are you guys ready for round two of Croissants Bistro & Bakery ??? I love breakfast and when we arrived I almost danced in the building. Ok, I get a little excited about my food. When we walked in I was checking everything out in the bakery case. It all looked wonderful. We bought some apple, blueberry and cherry pastries earlier in the week and Doug had already put in an order for more.

My mom and friend ordered the Eggs Benedict and I ordered the the waffle. We shared. The Eggs Benedict was very yummy.

The waffle was good too. I am not a big fruit eater so I opted not to get the fruit topping. Our waitress begged me to try it :lol:

My mother & sister in law ordered scrambled eggs and bacon. There is no way I would order scrambled eggs at a place like this, but they were satisfied and it looked good.

Again, this place did not disappoint. We were over the top pleased with our breakfast and we will return. I would suggest that their brunch menu on Saturday & Sunday had a little more to offer than their regular breakfast menu. Of course that fabulous Banana Foster French Toast is only offered at brunch. We hope to catch their lunch and dinner menu sometime. I hear they have some wonderful shrimp & grits.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:00 am 

GREAT REVIEW!~ This place looks over the top yummy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:00 am 
Forum Support

I had to google. This place is going on my list! We normally don't do breakfast, but we are going to start! :lol:

http://www.croissants.net/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:07 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
I had lunch there this week with my girlfriends. This time I had the fried green tomato blt with broccoli salad. Oh and I piece of salted caramel chocolate cake for dessert. Delish! The baby had a grilled cheese on a croissant....very yummy. My friends had grilled tuna salad ,Thai salad , and turkey club on pretzel bread. Desserts ...chocolate cake, peanut butter cookie, and a key lime cheesecake.
I usually have the shrimp and grits ...it is so good although a different take (think less saucy)
The chef there is a graduate of Carson Newman like me!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:16 pm 

Laura,

I really want to try the shrimp and grits. I saw a take on it on Myrtle Beach TV. It looked really good. We were pleased with everything we had and wanted to try lots of the sweets. Already looking forward to trying more next year. That is neat about Carson Newman.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:49 pm 

I have a friend staying in Myrtle Beach this week. Like us they usually travel with family, but are treating themselves to a little getaway to North Beach Plantation. Lucky couple and I can't wait to hear all about it. I have suggested a few places for her to eat and one of those was Croissants Bistro & Bakery. I decided to do a little restaurant review for her :lol: Let me just say that she loved it so much she called me at work this morning as they were getting in their car after breakfast. She just went on and on. She had the Banana Foster French Toast and her husband had the Crab Cake Benedict. They romanced themselves with a Mimosa. She said they may go back tomorrow. Folks, it is that good.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing, Deanna!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:54 am 

YOU SOLD ME!!!! :nanner:

Especially the Bananas Foster Toast. Gotta give this place a try this July.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

This trip, we ate at Sea Captain's, Waterscapes, and Croissants for breakfast! Croissants won hands down!! A bit artsy fartsy, but staff were great, and Phyllis was able to bring back a couple turnovers to the condo. We would definitely return, especially since it's right next door to our condo :nanner:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:00 pm 

Glad you liked Croissants.

Last edited by Deanna on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:25 am 
Site Admin

Deanna, only thing I would like to see there, would be bread for sale in the display case, instead of just cakes. Phyllis is a breadaholic, and it would have been nice to take a fresh baked loaf back to the condo!