Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flamingo Grille
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:18 pm 
Site Admin

After Patrish and Wally's, this was our second best place we ate. Sister restaurant to Cagney's, our meals here are always very good. This trip was no exception. Phyllis and I both got the Filet Oscar (6oz---not the 10oz Jan :wink: ) and Eddie got the Corvina. He wanted the Triggerfish but they were out, the COrvina was an excellent subsitution. It's a mild white fleshed fish from NC, and it was very, very good. We were supposed to eat at the condo with our daughter and her kids, but I wasn't in the mood for Pizza for our last MB dinner. I highly recommend either Cagney's or Flamingo Grille

Post subject: Re: Flamingo Grille
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

"After Patrish and Wally's, this was our second best place we ate."
Isn't he diplomatic? :love1:

Have to agree with Ron and Phyllis on both these restaurants. They are considered local favorites.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 pm 

We ate here the trip before this last one and it was our best meat. Delish and service...awesome. They were oh, so kind to our daughter as well. She was 3 at the time. Wanted to go back but we didn't make it.

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:28 am 

We ate there Sept. 24 I had blackend prime rib wife had lobster bites it was exellent we shall return. We had always shied away because of a bad experiance at Cagney's about 15 years ago we have not been back to Cagney's since is it worth another try?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 am 
Site Admin

Here's a link to the last reviews we've had on this board:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10044

Cagney menu/prices:
http://www.cagneysoldplace.com/menu

We haven't been there for couple years. Friends have mentioned they think it's expensive for casual dining, but I just looked at the menu and they seem pretty much inline with comparable restaurants, depending on what you order. Hopefully someone who has been there recently can update the reviews.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:50 pm 

Thanks Patrish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:34 am 

Took the wife here last week on a date. I had always wanted to go here, and now that we live here I figured it was as good a time as any! I had the NY Strip, and it was one of the best steaks I had ever had. It was cooked just how I like it... medium... and I never get a steak cooked how I want it anywhere. It's either medium rare or medium well. It was lightly seasoned, letting of the quality of the meat speak for itself. Just delicious.

My wife got Flounder Cagney. She liked it... didn't love it... but liked it. I think she's very partial to Mr. Fish for her seafood. But we both loved the atmosphere, and the service was good. Would recommend.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:25 pm 

Thank you for the review. We ate there over 10 years ago with some friends and really enjoyed it. Do not know why we have never returned. It just seemed to slip through the cracks. I guess for some reason I classified it as a big splurge place. Maybe we will try it this October.
Judy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:48 pm 

Good to see the reviews here! We've always laughed and driven by the Flamingo Grille on our way to find someplace to eat -- it looks so '80s on the outside, cheesie with all the neon and the art deco. :mrgreen:

We figured it was an old restaurant and wasn't updated and assumed the food wouldn't be that good either. We're always looking for a good steak place, so adding this to our try list for next trip!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 am 

Went to the Flamingo on 10-8 for my birthday we both had the seafood casserole which had shrimp scallops and crab all was excellent as usual.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
:wav:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

This is where we opted to eat for our anniversary! As usual, a very good choice. Patrish and Wally joined us, it was a wonderful evening! I had the Grouper Oscar, it was fantastic! Phyllis had the petit filet, which was a little too done for her taste! Still a great meal and great company!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 pm 

Flamingo Grill - 7050 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 - http://www.flamingogrill.com/

My parents and I arrived at the restaurant a little before 6pm. It wasn't too crowded inside, but there was a large party waiting to be seated, and a couple of large parties throughout the restaurant. Thankfully we were seated in a corner away from all the action. I appreciate that they don't seat everyone on top of each other.

My parents ordered the lobster bites appetizer which comes with bernaise sauce for dipping. They came out piping hot and were delicious. All of our entrees came with house salads. I had bleu cheese dressing with mine, Dad had ranch, and Mom had the house dressing which is a homemade mix of French and Italian. The salads were fresh and were a decent size. I opted for the lobster bites for my entree because they're my favorite thing on the menu. My meal came with a side and I chose the red skin garlic mashed potatoes. The meal also came with sugar snap peas, a little slice of garlic bread, and bernaise sauce for the bites. The lobster bites are heavenly. They are not greasy, the bites are big, and have just the right amount of crispy goodness. My dad ordered one of their specials for the night: a Filet Mignon Oscar (filet mignon with crab meat and sauce on top of asparagus) with sugar snap peas, a slice of garlic bread, and baby red skin potatoes as his side. His steak was tender, cooked perfectly and the crab meat and sauce on top were great. My mom ordered the prime rib, with sugar snap peas, a slice of garlic bread, and baby red skin potatoes as her side. The prime rib was juicy and had a terrific flavor. Everyone enjoyed their meals. There was not one complaint. Dad ordered a slice of the chocolate mousse for dessert to take home. The slice was fresh and the cake was moist.

If you go to Flamingo Grill, request Eric! He is an excellent server. He checked in with us several times throughout to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and our meal. We never had to ask for refills or for plates to be cleared. Great food and excellent service from Eric means that we will return!

Inside the restaurant

Lobster bites appetizer with bernaise sauce

Side house salad with bleu cheese dressing

Lobster bites dinner with red skin garlic mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas, and garlic bread

Prime rib, sugar snap peas, baby red skin potatoes, and garlic bread.

Special: Filet Mignon Oscar (filet mignon with crab meat and sauce on top of asparagus), sugar snap peas, baby red skin potatoes, and garlic bread

Chocolate mousse cake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:22 am 
Site Admin

Flamingo Grill is a local favorite... you can recommend it to anyone for the variety of the menu, the quality of the food and the service. It looks like you had a great evening out and made a good choice! Thanks so much for the photos and the review!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 am 

Thank you so much for this review!! What a treat to see a dining review in December! Everything looked scrumptious!! :hello: :hello: