Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anniversary
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:15 am 
Site Admin

On August 26th, we will be celebrating our 42nd anniversary. Looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate. So far, we're looking at Waterscapes, Thoroughbreds, Rioz, and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! Library is out, just something about it that is unappealing to me. New York Prime is out, not because of the prices, but I'm not traveling a thousand miles to eat in a restaurant with New York in it's name :dontknow: :toofless: !! Last time we were down, we had planned on dining at Waterscapes with Wally and Patrish, but Irene sent us heading home with our tails between our legs :ohnoes: !! I'm kind of leaning towards Ruth's!! What do you think?

Post subject: Re: anniversary
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:30 am 

I'd agree to Ruth's but those can be sought just about anywhere. Why not do something unique to the area? Waterscapes would be a great choice I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Phroggy, our problem is, here at home, we have to travel 2 hours just to eat @ a Red Lobster or Cracker Barrel! We live in a choke n puke zone, so that's why we eat at certain chain restaurants when in MB! That being said, Waterscapes is in the running!! One reason Waterscapes wasn't our first choice, is that we have considered going there for breakfast, or possibly lunch. They have blackened steelhead on their lunch menu :cheerleader: ! Any other unique MB restaurants to be considered!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 pm 

OK, no snickering but the #1 spot for the most romantic meal in Myrtle Beach 2013 went to The Melting Pot Fondue Restaurant. I have always wanted to try this! It gets great reviews and people seem to really enjoy it! It even earned Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellence 2014.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... olina.html

http://www.meltingpot.com/myrtle-beach/specials

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Emmy, we went to the Melting Pot a few years back, and we weren't that happy with it! Only restaurant in MB that we've ever left and were still hungry. Service was poor and the price was higher than necessary, since we had to do our own cooking! We very seldom return to a place that we weren't pleased with to give them a second chance! Way too many choices, so they have to make me happy the first chance they get :boxing:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm 

Ichiban wrote:
Emmy, we went to the Melting Pot a few years back, and we weren't that happy with it!

Oh how sad...I'm disappointed to hear that!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm 

Let me say first my husband would HATE The Melting Pot. I consider it a girls spot.

Ron, I have never been to 21 Main at North Beach Plantation, but it has caught me eye. It looks fancy and the pics on tripadvisor look pretty good to me. Just remember I have not been there. I have just seen the sign a million times now :lol: It is on my list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:50 pm 

Deanna wrote:
Let me say first my husband would HATE The Melting Pot. I consider it a girls spot.

Everyone is different. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Emmy, we went with our daughter and ex husband! We all were really excited about trying it, maybe that's why we were so disappointed!! Even though we weren't happy after our meal, I am glad that we tried it!! And if I wasn't so bull headed and went back there, who knows------I might like it on the second try :wav:
Deanna, 21 Main looks pretty nice!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 pm 

http://www.myrtlebeachrestaurantnews.co ... rants.html

Emmy had a great suggestion though I have to agree with the others that the melting pot is not my idea of dining out. But, imagine if we all liked the same things in life. Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

One year I asked Wally where he wanted to go for his birthday. He chose Lee's Inlet Kitchen....and we loved it! (But...it is not facing the Inlet.)
http://www.leesinletkitchen.com/

We have also been to Dave's Dockside for a special evening. Beautiful Inlet views! Check it out!
http://davesdockside.com/

But if you want a romantic anniversary evening on the beach that you'll never forget, you can't beat getting take-out from any restaurant from PF Chang to Zaxby's and taking it to the beach for a picnic at dusk. Put your booze in insulated unmarked cups/coozies and celebrate with a toast as the sun sets. Anniversaries don't have to be an expensive evening...just a memorable one, celebrated on a beach that you both love.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Patrish, I don't want it too romantic, then she'll wanna hug and smooch, and do all of that mushy stuff :oops: ! Phroggy, the link had some great suggestions!! I especially liked the Sea Blue Restaurant!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:06 pm 

Emmy,

I know some couples that would love the romantic atmosphere of the Melting Pot and it is a good suggestion. I didn't mean for it to sound the way it did. My hubby is a meat and potato's kind of guy, so therefore the Melting Pot is a girls trip for me :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

We went to Ruth's Chris once since they opened in Myrtle Beach, and I think you and Phyllis would like it. It's pricey, but the steak is the best I've ever had (better than New York Prime and even better than -gasp - Wally fixes on the grill. ) We both ordered the Petite Filet (36.00) the Broccoli Au Gratin (9.00) and some salad dish that I've forgotten. Food and service could not have been better. They even called me the next day to ask if we were happy with our dining experience and had any suggestions for future visits.

http://ruthschris.net/reservations/myrtle-beach/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:58 am 
Site Admin

Patrish, I think we've decided on Ruth's! I agree with Phroggy about chain restaurants, but after checking locations, Ruth's in MB is about the only option for us if we ever want to try it!! We do plan on going to Waterscapes for breakfast!! I want to thank everyone for their suggestions, we decided to eat closer to the condo so we could make the fireworks @ BATB if we wished!!