Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Restaurant HELP!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:02 pm 

My family is headed to Myrtle beach in May and we love eating Dinner at upscale restaurants. We try to eat at different restaurants each year. We Love fresh seafood!!!! We are looking at SeaBlue, Aspen Grille, and Australian Grille. We have great coupons for each and was wondering if anyone could give us their opinion on each of these restaurants. THANK YOU!!!! :cheerleader:

Post subject: Re: Restaurant HELP!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:50 pm 

All 3 are very good choices, each has their own following and are quite different from each other, as long as your looking at concepts like this, I'll add Collectors Cafe for you to check out.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Greg Norman's Australian Grille - Lovely view of the Intracoastal Waterway. Interesting decor, especially in the bar area, I love Red Snapper but don't get it often, so if you like seafood, I recommend this dish. Extensive wine selection.

One of the upscale restaurants you didn't mention is Ruth's Chris Steak House. Maybe you are wanting to stick to local restaurants, but we have been very impressed with this restaurant. The steak was simply "melt in your mouth." They even called the next day, asking about the service and quality of our dinner.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:43 pm 

Thanks gary2beach for your feedback and for suggesting Collector's Cafe.

Thanks Patrish for your feedback and for suggesting Red Snapper. I have never tried this fish and after your suggestion, that is what I am going to order. As for Ruth's Chris, we have this restaurant close to us and yes it is very good and we love it. We like to try a different restaurant each time we come, however we do have favorites that we HAVE to revisit. In May we stay at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation (our Timeshare) and in September we rent a large cottage in Surfside and the entire family goes together. I do not work outside the home so cooking on vacation is OUT!!!!!! I cook 3 meals a day when at home so my vacation is no cooking!!! We eat out breakfast and dinner. We do not eat lunch. I am counting down the days till we get to MB :cheerleader:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 am 

Being that Patrish had mentioned Ruth's Chris I let another recommendation of mine pass but being that you are not going to dine here let me now suggest next door to Ruth's, WaterScapes at the Marina Inn, very good and less money than next door. Google it!

From start of the meal to the finish it is good, they finish with the bill being presented along with a huge brandy snifter filled with home made flavored cotton candy.

Gary