Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Flamingo Grille
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:16 pm 

Looks delish! Thanks for adding pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:22 pm 

Flamingo Grill | 7050 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 | http://www.flamingogrill.com/

Fried Lobster Bites appetizer (lightly-battered lobster with Béarnaise sauce) - Cooked perfectly and delicious, as always.

Side salad with bleu cheese and Italian bread - Fresh greens and veggies, yummy dressing

Chicken Oscar (Chicken breast topped with crabmeat, asparagus and Béarnaise sauce) with garlic mashed potatoes, snap peas, and garlic bread) - This was a miss for me. The snap peas were drowning in water. They weren't drained properly. The mashed potatoes were the best thing about the dish. They were delicious. The chicken was hard along the edges and dry inside. The asparagus was overdone. I liked the Béarnaise sauce, but the crab tasted off to me. There were a ton of shells also.

Teriyaki beef kabab, with red skin potatoes, snap peas, and garlic bread - Mom loved this dish. The meat was cooked perfectly and she loved the teriyaki. Again, the snap peas were drowning in water.

Fried Lobster Bites dinner, with red skin potatoes, snap peas, and garlic bread - Delicious, crunchy, cooked perfectly. The snap peas were also in water with this dish as well.

We dined here around 6pm on a Thursday. We were seated all the way to the left somewhat above the bar area. The section we were in was quite full. Normally they space out where they seat people, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Our server came over and took our drink and appetizer orders. She was nice. She wasn't overly attentive, but we had no complaints. She had almost every table in our section, so she was running all over the place. This is one of our favorite restaurants. Unfortunately, the Chicken Oscar was not great. We will definitely return, I'll just be sure to order something different.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:37 am 

Looks great. Lightly breaded seafood is what I can't find outside of the beach. I guess that's one of the reasons I look forward to going so much. Can't figure out why places off the coast can't get it right and ruin the seafood with too much breading.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for always adding such great photos to your reviews! I know this message board setup doesn't make it easy to do.

Flamingo Grill has an excellent and well-deserved local reputation.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 am 

Lobster Bites for apps and dinner.... like your style ! :nanner:

Unbelievable they messed up the chicken and veggies....asparagus is pretty easy to cook (I don't do snow peas).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 am 

Stop the pictures! Drowning in water or not, looks scrumptious to me.

There should be a warning on this message board. Just like not going to the grocery store when you are hungry, don't visit the message board unless you have eaten breakfast.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:37 pm 

MBKY wrote:
Looks great. Lightly breaded seafood is what I can't find outside of the beach. I guess that's one of the reasons I look forward to going so much. Can't figure out why places off the coast can't get it right and ruin the seafood with too much breading.

It truly is. I like the fried bits, but I actually want to taste the seafood too!

patrish wrote:
Thank you for always adding such great photos to your reviews! I know this message board setup doesn't make it easy to do.

No problem! It's not so bad. I had to get used to the BBCode and not regular ol' HTML.
KirkG wrote:
Lobster Bites for apps and dinner.... like your style ! :nanner:

They're the best I've had. I could have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if that were appropriate :lol: