Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Joe's Bar & Grill
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:52 pm 

Joe's Bar & Grill - 810 Conway St, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 - http://joesbarandgrillonline.com/

My parents and I ate here twice during our trip to Myrtle Beach. It was my first time dining here. My parents have been here several times and it's one of their favorite restaurants in MB.

The restaurant was packed when we arrived. Ashley came over to take our drink menu and give us the complimentary crackers, butter, and cheese spread. When she returned with our drinks, she gave us piping hot bread. The bread was delicious and soft. I ordered the Chicken Oscar (chicken breast dredged in Oriental bread crumbs, sauteed and topped with crabmeat, asparagus and Hollandaise sauce) with rice and green beans. I also ordered a side house salad with bleu cheese dressing. The salad was fresh and the bleu cheese dressing was very yummy. My meal was perfect. The breading on the chicken was very light and the chicken was very juicy. The green beans were amazing. They're mixed in with tomatoes. I think that's the first time I ever ate my green beans BEFORE anything else on my plate. My mother ordered the Scallops Meuniere (sea scallops sauteed in lemon butter and seasonings) with green beans and rice. The scallops were cooked perfectly and very big. My dad ordered the Filet Neptune (tenderloin medallions topped with crabmeat, shrimp, and scallops topped with Bearnaise sauce) with green beans and potatoes. His steak was cooked perfectly and the seasoning on the potatoes was fantastic. Overall it was an excellent meal. We practically licked our plates clean. We also got desserts to go and those were delicious as well.

The only complaint I have is that the tables are too close together. If there are tables on either side of yours, you feel like everyone can hear your conversation. There was a couple to the left of us on a date and I kind of felt like we were intruding on their conversation because we were so close.

Ask for Ashley as your server! She's so polite and attentive. The service and food were excellent. We will return!

Complimentary crackers, butter, and cheese

Side salad with bleu cheese

Bread

Scallops Meuniere with green beans and rice

Filet Neptune with green beans and potatoes

Chicken Oscar with rice and green beans

Post subject: Re: Joe's Bar & Grill
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:01 am 

Love your pictures! One of our favourite spots. They have great Early Bird specials too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 am 
Site Admin

So glad you had a great experience there. We tend to look more for Happy Hour/ Early Bird specials so have not had a meal there. But it looks delicious and I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the review!

There's a 2nd bar (in addition to the main bar) overlooking the marsh with an area called "racoon cove" where the 'coons play and entertain everyone. They are really cute to watch, and I guess it doesn't take much to entertain me! :clown: (Except when they show up in our back yard.)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:37 pm 

One of our favourite spots. It is tucked away behind The Olive Garden on hwy. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. Most folks are not even aware it is there. They have great early bird specials ranging from $12.99-$14.99 and you usually have to ask for the Early Bird menu. Dave usually gets the prime rib but I LOVE the seafood pasta. Table cloths, cloth napkins and we have always had good service. The Early Bird specials are from Sunday-Thursday so one must keep that in mind. They open at 4:30 and that is when we go as it is a very small place and gets busy quickly. A hidden gem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:37 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for providing this additional information, Christine! :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:32 am 

Looks so yummy! Thanks for posting!

Thanks Christine for all the EB info! On our list for April now!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:59 am 
Site Admin

Been wanting to try Joe's for years, just have never made it! Too many choices :tongue3: ! Thanks for the pics!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 pm 

Joe's Bar & Grill | 810 Conway St, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 | http://joesbarandgrillonline.com/

Lemon Chicken Orzo soup with crackers - Delicious!

Side salad with bleu cheese dressing - Fresh greens and veggies and the dressing was yummy, too!

Chicken Parmesan (sauteed chicken breast baked with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, with marinara over linguini) with seasonal veggies - The chicken was juicy. Linguini and marinara was good and I loved the side of parmesan cheese. The veggies were definitely frozen bag, but were still good.

Not pictured:
Bread - Hot and fresh
Plate of crackers and cheese - Good
Rib-Eye with Bearnaise sauce, with potatoes and seasonal veggies - Delicious
Petite Filet Mignon (center cut Filet char-grilled with Bearnaise sauce), with a side salad, seasonal veggies, and potatoes - Delicious
2 Filets with crab meat and Bearnaise sauce, with a side salad, seasonal veggies, and potatoes - Delicious

Five of us dined here on a Friday night at 6pm. I was happy we had reservations because the restaurant was crowded. Service was good, but our server talked so loud. The restaurant wasn't loud at that time so every table in the restaurant looked over as she talked to us. Eventually, every table was taken occupied and the room was very loud. You felt like you had to shout to the person next to you to be heard. Also, the tables are a bit too close together, so there's a good chance the staff or diners will accidentally hit the back of your chair as they walk by.

The only slight disappointment was that my mom and dad's steaks were butterflied. They like their steaks medium-well (I know, I know!) and the server never mentioned to us that they would be butterflied. My dad's steak looked okay, but my mom's steak looked like a flattened hockey puck. She brought it to the servers attention and she pretty much shrugged it off. She came back about 5 minutes later and said "For the next time you come here, just tell us you don't want your steak butterflied and they won't." It came off a bit rude, even though I don't think that was her intention. We ordered two desserts for the table. I can't remember the exact name, but it was some sort of chocolate cake and it was divine. We pretty much licked the dessert plates clean.

Overall, we will definitely return, as this restaurant is one of our favorite places to eat in the area. Reservations are strongly recommended for Friday and weekend dining.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:03 am 

We always make at least one trip here when down for the winter. I love their seafood pasta. We have never been when overcrowded however we go off season and dine early. They have great early bird specials. Thanks again for the pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm 

I will definately need to try this place next time I am in town. Looks great. Thanks for the review.

All but once on Shore Drive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Great review and photos. You need to be doing this for a living. Seriously! You always do such a fanyastic job!