Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:19 am 

We had a hamburger and fries and the River City Cafe. We used the coupon to receive the fries and a cole slaw for $1. The food was average. We were tired and more interested in going to our room after a long day, I think. We were there on April 21, 2009.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:31 am 

21st is the best, Barefoot is good too and so is Murrells Inlet. I dont know why but the location at the Sands STINKS!
Too bad for me because I can walk there in 3 minutes from the condo and River City is a must stop for us.
Maybe they are overwhelmed for the size of the place?
Try another if you want a nice dinner, I advise 21st Ave, sitting outside on the porch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:53 pm 

Wow, Melissa. I totally have a different opinion than you. I love the River City at the Sands. They have the best outdoor dining area of any location. They are secluded by the privacy fence, and the indoor area is bright and well decorated. The Surfside location is great because it is on the beach. But, the 21st Ave location is my least favorite. Hot, dark, and dirty inside, too much traffic noise outside.

To each their own. I really like their food, so I'll go to any location. But, this one is our favorite... especially during a stay at the Caravelle.

Post subject: thats good tho!
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 pm 

Glad you had better time at Shore Drive... I can literally walk there from the condo in less than 5 minutes. Have you been to the Barefoot Landing location? The back porch is nice. We really like the people watching and atmosphere at 21st.
Melissa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:33 am 

WVParkfan wrote:
Wow, Melissa. I totally have a different opinion than you. I love the River City at the Sands. They have the best outdoor dining area of any location. They are secluded by the privacy fence, and the indoor area is bright and well decorated. The Surfside location is great because it is on the beach. But, the 21st Ave location is my least favorite. Hot, dark, and dirty inside, too much traffic noise outside.

To each their own. I really like their food, so I'll go to any location. But, this one is our favorite... especially during a stay at the Caravelle.

I agree about the location at 21st. It was disgustingly dirty when we were there yesterday. I definately do not enjoy fighting off fruit flies from my drink :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 pm 

Ate at this River City location on Monday evening. Fanatstic meal. We were the only ones in there at dinner on Monday night. I had the Nacho Crunch Burger and my wife had the Reuben Burger. We agreed that it was one of the best burgers that we have ever had. Not sure why they weren't busier but it was hard to find, maybe people just don't know about this location.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:53 am 

I chuckle at the folks arguing the best locations. We really enjoy the 21st Ave location but haven't tried Surfside, Murrell's, Socastee or the Shore Drive locations. The Barefoot Landing one is good but I don't care for the atmosphere. Cheers!!