Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hamburger International
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hamburger International is located at 4765 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. Heading north, it's one exit before Farrow Parkway/Market Common

I ordered the Fried Shrimp Meal for $9.99, and Wally ordered the Fried Shrimp and Flounder Meal, also $9.99. Both came with way too many fries, slaw, and 4 hush puppies. My plate had a dozen delicious shrimp.

Our waitress was Deborah, and she is also a manager. She was very pleasant and came back to our table several times to see if we needed anything. She told us about the restaurant's success and how they have a following of regulars from all over the US, plus several Canadians who visit them often as they snow bird here during the winter.

The price is right, the food tasty. Fried, yes. Greasy, no. And nicely flavored. We'll be back next to try the burgers!

We have been hearing regularly from the locals that this is THE best place for hamburgers. Hamburger International offers a choice of 7 burger varieties. Depending on your choice, the Single is priced from 3.75 to 4.65. The Double is priced 4.75 to 5.65 and the Triple is 5.75 to 6.65.

Hamburger International resembles a 1950's-themed restaurant. It opens early every day of the week from 6 am - 9 PM except Sunday when they close at 6 PM.

This is a local restaurant, not a chain. It opened in 2010, occupying the space that previously housed a couple other restaurant went out of business.

Add it to your list! :cool:

Deborah:

My shrimp:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 am 

It is extremely difficult to get anything fried other than potatoes here in lower NY (honestly). I guess that is a good thing health wise. BUT, what I wouldn't give for that basket of crispy goodness about now :cheerleader: :cheerleader: . It has been approx. 4 months since I have tasted fried shrimp, looks great!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:54 pm 

That won't be far from where we stay and if I can remember to, we may try it. Really got to start writing this stuff down. :BandHead:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:10 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Qu├ębec
Oh my! This sounds soooo good! I've been trying to stay away from fried food, but .... if/when I decide to go for it, this restaurant may be the place to do it. :tongue3:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:49 am 

Wait a minute Patrish... you went to a place called "Hamburger International" and ordered shrimp? That's like going to Pizza Hut and ordering pot roast! :)

Thanks for the review! Sounds like a fun place to visit.

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 am 

Cindy and I were really hungry while driving down Ocean Boulevard a couple days after Patrish's original post, so we decided to try out Hamburger International.

Just before we reached Market Common, each of us realized at the same time that we'd just had burgers at Cookout the previous day.

I looked to our right - and there was Toffino's about 100 feet ahead. Guess where we ended up instead of Hamburger International? We're getting fickle in our old ages - Hamburger International is now on the agenda for probably early next week.

Yep, the picture below rather says it all. This is from Toffino's; I consider it our "Hamburger International Appetizer" now...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:27 am 

Thanks for the right up, would love to hear a review of their burgers.