Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Bar-b-cue House
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 pm 

Would highly recommend the Bar-b-cue House (thanks Gary for the tip) in Surfside if you are looking for bar-b-cue on your trip. Doesn't hurt that it is a reasonably priced place either. We ate here twice last week. They have coupons available in some of the free books. $5 off $25 and also saw some free kids meal coupons. Bar-b-cue pork was good and they have a variety of sauces to put on it. I didn't eat the ribs, but noticed a lot of people in the place were eating them. One thing I liked about the place is that their choice of side items were not limited to certain items. The local bar-b-cue place at home (Sonny's) doesn't let you include choices like corn nuggets as a side item. If you want them you have to purchase an appetizer. At the this place they were part of the side items which was great. Onion Rings were also super here. Our average bill here was around $40 which included four adult meals and two kids meals. Very reasonably priced for a good place to eat. They also have some kind of special on Wednesdays. We didn't get there on that day, but it was something for around $2.99 according to the sign. It is located in the old Fazoli's building in Surfside on business 17.

Post subject: Re: The Bar-b-cue House
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:28 am 

I can't remember, is Surfside to the south of MB? How far?

I was just thinking about adding a BBQ restaurant to our dinner options for our upcoming trip. The prices sound good too!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am 

They also have a location in North Myrtle as well. I added their website so you can take a peak...

http://www.bestbbqonthebeach.com/

They also have a FB page with a deal at the beginning of the month https://www.facebook.com/groups/323964626608/ . You just have to print out their offer. This month "Buy one house plate get one half off. Not good with any other offers. Expires July 31 2012. Enjoy"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:50 pm 

welovmb2 wrote:
I can't remember, is Surfside to the south of MB? How far?

I was just thinking about adding a BBQ restaurant to our dinner options for our upcoming trip. The prices sound good too!

The Bar-b-que house is located on the left as soon as you enter Surfside. Surfside is not far from where you enter Market Common on Bus. 17.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 pm 

That sounds and looks great! Glad to see there is a location in North Myrtle.

Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Wally and I visited the Bar B Que House in Surfside tonight. It was very clean and the service was prompt. Our waitress was Melanie, and she was just as sweet as she could be.

If you have looked at the web link provided by Emmy (above) and scroll down to BBQ House Plates you can see what we ordered. Wally got the Signature BBQ Pork Plate and I ordered the Signature BBQ Pork BLT Plate.

My "plate" turned out to be a sandwich. I didn't have a problem with this. I just I pushed the top of the bun off and ate the BBQ off the bottom of the sandwich. As you can see from the pictures below, there was more food than I could possibly eat, without the bread. Wally said "You should have known when it said BLT that would mean a sandwich." Well, no, I didn't. OK...now I'll admit to you that I am sort of a weird eater. I seldom eat pasta unless there's a LOT of sauce to go with it. Then I'll hoover it all up. I don't eat much bread, rice or potatoes (unless the bread is Italian, French or European with a hard crust or if the potatoes are baked, then smothered with butter and sour cream which I love.) And Wally is used to watching me eat the pizza off the crust but not the crust. I'll take a hamburger and all the fixins off the bun and eat them with a fork. I also don't like fat of any kind in meat. There. Now you know. But poor Melanie didn't know any of this. She looked aghast when she came by the table and saw the meat gone from the bacon, but all the fatty strings laying on the plate along with both the bun halves. She wanted to know what was wrong, and I explained that NOTHING was wrong, and the BBQ was very good. I said I mistakenly thought I was getting a platter, but not to worry about it since I made it into a platter. She smiled then and said a lot of people got it confused. She was still processing this information, and I could see Wally trying trying to hide a smile, so I kicked him under the table.

Back to the review. The hush puppies were a little sweet, but nicely fried and crisp. They were served with soft honey butter spread so the puppies could be dipped. The BBQ was good, and has been mentioned in review above, there were several sauces available on the table. Both of us chose baked beans and slaw as the sides. The beans were very basic, but went well with the BBQ. I thought the slaw was tasty.

The price is good for the amount of food you get. Here are the photos:

Wally's Platter:

My sandwich:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:49 pm 

Makes me miss the beach. :cry: Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to get a decent meal without having to break the bank.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am 

sounds & looks so wonderful! I have to take my gang there when we come in Oct. thanks to everyone for the info on a great sounding restaurant. :nanner:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 am 

Thanks for the pics Patrish! This is a must do for us in two weeks! Looks really good!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:43 am 

Patrish, your post really made me laugh! Thanks for posting.
Angela

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:51 am 

We loved the BBQ House. Hands down it was the most economical meal of our trip. We came in right off the beach and we wanted a place that was super casual without being fast foodish. We had beach coverups and shorts and felt completely at ease.

The food was really good we thought. The portions were large the prices low and we even got a free cheese stick appy from a coupon. I had the wings as did Paul. They were not typical fried buffalo wings. They had been smoked first. I had the homemade chips (you will see a trend with me on this) and mac and cheese. Paul had the large portion of wings and coleslaw and potato salad. Sy had the BBQ sandwich with coleslaw on it and sweet potato fries and fried corn on the cob.

Everything was hot fresh and yummy. Would most definitely return!! Sorry some of the pics are on the bright side.

Free cheese sticks (we had eaten some)

Sy's Meal

Paul's Meal

Emmy's Meal