Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm 

My family loves River City Café. We’ve been to the one on 21st Street and the one at Barefoot Landing. We keep meaning to check one of the other ones, specifically the one in Surfside, but on Sunday afternoon, I was too hungry to make the trip down there. The weather was so nice, we sat outside on the porch. We ordered the onion rings as an appetizer. Let me tell you they have the largest and BEST onion rings I’ve ever eaten. Then I had a Woodstock veggie burger, my daughter had the BLT and her boyfriend had the S’mores burger with marshmallow, peanut butter and nutella. We all enjoyed our meals a lot.
Angela

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:57 am 

Amen to those onion rings! They are a meal all by themselves. Gotta say, though, that the thought of the "Smores" burger just doesn't turn me on. Marshmallows on a burger? Ugh. :lol:

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 am 

I know, every time I finish those onion rings I say, "I'm not very hungry anymore" as they're setting my burger in front of me.

Yeah, I don't think I would like marshmallows on a burger either, but I swear Mike will try anything. While we were at Quigleys the waitress mentioned they were trying to perfect a pork rind pie and he was ready to try that too.