Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:09 pm 

On August 10, 2011, we went to get a bite to eat at the River City Cafe located at the back end of Barefoot Landing.

My wife suggested that we go to River City Café. I reminded her that we had thought about going there in years past and that we (mostly Jessica, who eats in nice places, shops at Nordstrom’s, etc.) did not like the appearance and the thought of having a vacation dinner at a “hamburger place”. My wife told me that she read that River City was rated highly as a family restaurant by some national organization. So not wanting to make waves (pun intended), we headed off to Barefoot Landing. When we arrived, there was a 30 - 40 minute wait. We put our name on the wait list and walked around to the local stores to look around. As we were coming out of a store, we saw a lady on stilts followed by about a dozen folks playing band instruments.http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d60 ... /ry%3D400/ A small pony at the back of this group was carrying a sign suggesting that they be followed to the camel rides.

After about 30 minutes, we headed back to River City. I asked the gal at the desk how much longer would it be for our party and she told me that our name had just been called. She asked us to wait to determine if a table was available. She returned shortly and asked us to follow her to the table. Although I had been in this restaurant years earlier to take quick look inside, I had never been there to eat. The first thing I noticed was there was writing all over the walls, peanuts shells on the floor and the subtle smell of stale food in the air. This was not a place that Jessica would like.

Once seated, we were met by our waitress. She was a high-energy young lady with a Southern accent. She took our drink orders and returned with them in seconds! She gave us a few minutes to read the menu and returned to take our food order. We ordered a tossed salad, a regular hamburger, a classic cheeseburger and a cheese lover’s burger. We also included French fries with our burger orders. My wife’s salad was fresh and very good. We agreed that the burgers were great. I would go so far as to say that my burger was THE BEST BURGER I HAVE EVER EATEN! (I have been eating hamburgers for my whole life so that is a significant statement!) The fries were also very good. http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d60 ... /ry%3D400/ http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d60 ... /ry%3D400/ The meal reminded me of a Five Guys, but the burgers were bigger and better and the fries were not as greasy. With the outstanding service and food, we easily rated this meal an “A”. Not that we were ‘pinching pennies’ on vacation, but the meal was also one of our least expensive ones. . .

Last edited by NHDad on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:03 pm 

The links to the photos are broken... or is it just me? :toofless:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:40 pm 

links are broken for me too :dontknow:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:27 am 

Hello:

I just re-posted the links and they work for me.

The place is worth a visit if you enjoy burgers and fries!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 pm 

The first one didn't work for me but the other two did.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:28 pm 

Yikes! Ok, now iit appears to work.

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Haven't been to the Barefoot River City, but we love the one on 21st Ave! Not only are the burgers great, so is the blackened fish reuben!!! Grandkids absolutely love this place too because of the peanuts. It's also nice to have a meal that doesn't put a dent in the wallet :???: .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:41 am 

This is my favorite RCC! We like to sit out back on the patio and watch the boats in the marina! They make really, really good grilled ham and cheese, too! :mrgreen: