Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 am 

Went to Cooters Backyard Bar and Grill because of Restaurant.com coupon (Think I paid $2 for a $25 off $35 coupon). The kids really enjoyed the place and it was a nice break not having to keep them occupied while waiting on the food. The place has Video Games and Four Nintendo Wii's on big screen tv's that they can play for free. There is also a giant marker board that they can draw on.

Now to the food. A couple of us had the breaded fish sandwich and the other two had pork tenderloin sandwiches (Kids had their usual chicken tenders). They also have steaks and seafood options, but after a long drive in that day and a late lunch we didn't feel like eating a huge meal. All the party agreed that their food was great and the kids also loved it. They also have numerous big screen tv's with sports on them if you want to stop in to watch a game. The bar is well supplied with a good variety of drinks. I had a blue moon on draft and it was served really cold and the price of drinks were reasonable. Will probably go back again next year. Hopefully the coupon is still available.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm 

Thanks for posting this! We have yet to try this place, even though every year we drive by it and say we'd like to check it out. Now we have a little extra incentive to give it a shot this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:36 pm 

writer01 wrote:
Thanks for posting this! We have yet to try this place, even though every year we drive by it and say we'd like to check it out. Now we have a little extra incentive to give it a shot this year.

Just wanted to add that the sandwiches we had were huge, and the prices were reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:41 pm 

And you can't beat 10 cents wings on Wed's during happy hour :)

They may not be as big as MaGoo's but come on they are 10 cents and the shrimp and oysters are I think 25 cents, Wed only at Cooters

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:12 pm 
Forum Support

Is this place still open? Their website has been gone for awhile now. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:28 pm 

I was there just before Christmas and everything was fine, a couple of weeks later the sign out front said, see you in the Spring, or something like that, it still said it as of last week.

No one knew the place was going to close not even the GM, I have good word that it will not be opening up come spring, unless it is bought by someone else and reopened.

The GM who has been living here for about 15 years, and I 1st met while he was at Liberty, has had enough of the area is moving back north.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 pm 
Forum Support

Bummer to read that.

Looked like a neat place with good food and reasonable prices. Glad I found out now before we took the drive down there when we come this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:41 pm 

Tell me where your staying and I will make suggestions for good food at reasonable pricing.

Everyone talks about River City for burgers, they make it "entertaining" by allowing you to carve your name in the table and throw peanut shells on the floor, the burgers are good, not special, just good, there are much better burgers around and one of the best is at Greg's Cabana on 17 biz in Garden City, man this guy knows how to make a great burger and then to layer it between a New England styale and made honey egg hamburger bun that has been buttered and grilled to perfection is the bomb.

And yes it is in my discount book but look up reviews yourself, see, I only let good places in the book, I can't control if they get sold, change management or quality of ingredients but if they slip to bad, they don;t get in the next book.

Here's a review from Becky at MB Resaturant news
http://gregscabanabarandgrill.com/Micro ... review.pdf

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:57 pm 
Forum Support

Gary,

We are staying in MB longer this time around, so we thought we would spend the day traveling down to MI, SS, & GC. Just a nice drive and stop at whatever strikes us that we see (and probably the FleaMarket). We have normally only stayed 3 or 4 days, but this time a week. YAY!

I'd rather not have to eat at River City because we normally eat at the one on 73rd at least once. The one in SS is appealing though because its right on the ocean I hear. But I would rather eat at some place different.

Greg's Cabana menu sounds good and the reviews are great. I will add that to my list. :) Any good BBQ or Mexican places down that way?

We are considering your book. :wink: Its good to know you have high standards. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:45 pm 

The best bbq is south of Conway on 701 at Radd Dew's and they are only openThur-Sat I think, you would have to Google them.

On the south end though in Surfside on 17 biz is the Bar-B-Que House and it is pretty dang good, they started I think in Carolina Beach or Sunset Beach, one of those NC beaches and this is the 3rd store, word is spreading as it is getting to be a busy place at dinner time with locals.

The best Mexican restaurant is La Hacianda (spelling) it is in the Food Lion shoppping center, almost 3 miles from the backgate on 707 in Socastee, I 1st started going here when I stayed on James Island weekends, very good and reasonable prices also Abuelo's is very good at Coastal Mall, higher prices and was the only restaurant to score a B last week, had a couple of major cleaning issues, like real dirty cutting board, to get written up for a cutting board it has to be bad, really.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:58 pm 
Forum Support

Thanks Gary.

Radd Dews looks great. Not sure if we can swing that or not. Would be great to do that when we leave, but this year we are going up the NC coast on the way home.

http://www.radddewsbbq.com/
Supper on Friday and Saturday
Lunch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

Glad to hear the good news on the Bar B Que House from a local. Thats probably where we will end up.
http://www.bestbbqonthebeach.com/

La Hacianda
I couldn't find a website, but I wrote that down on my list.

Yikes about Abuelo's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am 

Is this it ?

La Hacienda (Carolina Forest branch)
2132 Oak Heart Road
Myrtle Beach
843-903-3399

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 am 

That would be it, as they have a place in CF which I have not been to. Besides the James Island location I have eaten at the downtown Charleston, Mt Pleasant and of course Socastee ones.

Gary