Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hamburger Joe's
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 pm 

I really liked the burgers at this place. I don't like a burger that is so huge you don't know where to start. The burgers here are homemade patties but are not thick. The bun isn't thick either so that suits me fine. Having said that Hubby ordered two which worked for him. We tried the "all the way" burger which had cole slaw, onions and chili. It was very tasty. The fries are the pits but they have good onion rings. Very casual, plastic plates and glasses but the price is right especially the $1 draught beer. Great place to take kids and check out the turtles out the back sunning themselves.

Post subject: Re: Hamburger Joe's
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm 

Location: Kernersville, NC (Physically), Myrtle Beach, SC (Mentally)
I agree, this place is very budget friendly and the food is really rather tasty. I too like the onion rings over the fries, but I got spoiled by 5 Guys fries, so they have a lot to measure up to :lol: .

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:04 pm 

Not a bad place to eat. Food doesn't have a lot of the markup that you usually get in tourist areas, so it helps the vacation budget. The burgers and onion rings are good and they offer some cheap draft beer choices. Can't beat that combo. :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:50 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
I don't like big burgers either, so I may have to give it a try.

Did you ever try Burky's? They make old fashioned burgers too, and the fries are very good!

Chantal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm 

I have never tried Burky's. I'll just scratch that name onto the list for next trip. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 pm 

I think you will love the place. They play oldies music, and the prices are very reasonable.
Chantal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:58 pm 

Has anyone been here recently? Where is it located? I have heard good things from others as well, but have never been and this trip will certainly be budget oriented, so I think we really need to check it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:30 pm 

Terry and I were at Hamburger Joe's with our grand daughter Addy about two weeks ago. We were there around 2pm...walked right in...a nice older gentleman greeted us on the front porch...made a huge fuss over Addy and even brought her a small portion of french fries after we were seated to tide her over while we were waiting on our food. I mentioned in a previous post that it is a cute, basic place. A step up from McDonald's because you can buy adult beveridges...Terry and I both had bar b que sandwiches. They were good...I had a salad, Terry had onion rings, Addy had a corn dog and fries...she is 4 yrs old...loves her corn dogs! The salad was fresh...the onion rings were yummy. The staff was friendly and service was great. We liked it for the cuteness of the place, the friendly way we were treated, and the quick service. There were many families eating there. Not gourmet dining, but good!

I don't know if there are other locations. The one we went to was in Surfside Beach. It was on 17 business South of Crabby Mike's. Heading south it is on the right hand side of the highway. I will look up the address and post it for you in a little bit.

Jo Ann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:44 pm 

ok, here is the address: 1410 Hwy 17 South...Surfside Beach, SC 29575...phone # 843-215-9052...website... www.hamburgerjoesonline.com...sorry I am not tech savvy enough to know how to do a link :dontknow: ...oh, and they are on facebook, too.

Jo Ann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 pm 

Gee, I must be really not good with my computer skills...the web address came up blue like a link when I posted...hope it works :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:00 pm 

Just to update and remember what I said recently about a bad score does not make a bad restaurant, but they did score a 70 last week for their DHEC inspection and that is bad.

The lowest score I recall for them in the past 3 years was an 88, so either new management/owners or something to keep an eye on here.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 pm 

thanks for the heads up Gary...that is a terrible score... :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:59 am 

Went to Hamburger Joes last night 2 men 3 women and 3 children a 45 minute wait ok. Food decent but good for the price. Big complaint we were seated next to 2 drunk men and a drunk woman who proceded to spit in a pitcher of beer to try to get it free along with liberal use of the F word loudly. Waitresses walk past several times to hear this yet did nothing. not wanting to end up in jail stopped me from confronting them but we finally cornered a waitress and complained.The problem should have been handled LONG before we complained it went on for at least 10 minutes we for one will not return.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:43 pm 

mmmm...not good...2 counts...health score & family friendly score...we went retty early in the day (a weekday)...not many there...we had our 4 yr old grand daughter with us...many families...no "social" issues...but both these reports will give us pause for second thoughts...thanks! :ohnoes:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:24 pm 

Gary,
Where did you see that score?
I just checked on http://www.scdhec.gov/environment/envhe ... on-rating/ and found that their most recent quote was from 11/5/2012 and it was quite high at 92.
Maybe I am looking at the wrong place?