Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:47 pm 

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried this buffet? If so, how would you rate it?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:59 pm 

When I was growing up, this place used to be a yearly visit for my family. I can still remember the deep fried crab claws they had on the bar for about 5 years that were awesome. About 10-12 years ago now I guess, the service and food quality seemed to drop quite a bit in a couple of trips we made haven't been back.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:51 pm 

We loved it a few years ago, then it indeed went downhill - after a change in ownership.

HOWEVER, I'd heard it was back in the original owner's family's hands again and was being renovated just over a year ago after being closed the year before. I remembered reading the attached article from my friend Becky Billingsley last year, but haven't heard any updates since. I do know that every time I've been on the beach lately, the banner planes are advertising it constantly:

------------------

ADMIRAL’S FLAGSHIP REOPENING UNDER ORIGINAL OWNERSHIP

By Becky Billingsley

Wednesday, May 15, 2013, Murrells Inlet – After being closed during 2012, the original operating family of Admiral’s Flagship in Murrells Inlet is overseeing extensive renovations.

David Pait owns the property, and when Admiral’s Flagship opened in 1979 at 4664 U.S. 17 Business it was the area’s first buffet. In recent years someone outside the family operated the restaurant.

Now David Pait’s brother, Rayford Pait, is overseeing a thorough renovation. As several workers cleaned and constructed on May 14, Rayford said his family will again operate Admiral’s Flagship and bring back the buffet that locals and visitors loved for decades.

“We’re going to get it back like it used to be, Rayford said, adding that original recipes will be served at a price point, “where families can afford it.”

In recent years a “back door locals’ special” was offered at a steep discount, and Rayford said while that will be discontinued, he does plant to offer locals’ specials “in some form.”

When Admiral’s Flagship will reopen is undetermined. Planned renovations will take a minimum of two months and maybe longer, Rayford said.

http://www.myrtlebeachrestaurantnews.co ... rship.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:34 am 

Thanks for that info Mike. I may have to give it another shot the next time we are in MB.