Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:44 pm 

Anyone been to this place? Reviews are decent and it has a central location on Joe White Avenue. I think it's at the place that used to be The Fillin Station, and rumor has it that Issac is at this place now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:59 pm 

That's what I've heard as well, and the reviews that I have read have been great except for a couple complaints. It does spark some interest, and the price is very reasonable..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:04 am 

I haven't been there, but several close friends are addicted to it - and just went there this past afternoon. Yes, it was once the Filling Station (after relocating from Kings Highway), then the Home Plate Grille, and now Simply Southern Smokehouse over a period of a couple decades.

Isaac (Collington) is indeed working there. He's worked at all 3 versions of this restaurant - plus the original Filling Station location, and worked at some other places (Big Daddy's at Kings Hwy & 17th Ave South, etc) each time the other place was closed while changing hands/names.

For those who don't know who Isaac is - he's the most entertaining, hard-working, and inspirational guy you'll ever see working in a restaurant. There are several videos of him available on the Internet; here's one of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoaVeANO5s

And here's the link to a Google search of his videos:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=is ... ch&tbm=vid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:15 am 

Mike L. wrote:
For those who don't know who Isaac is - he's the most entertaining, hard-working, and inspirational guy you'll ever see working in a restaurant.

Amen! If you see him, ask to see his photo album. He started taking pictures of guests over the years and made a photo album. He took our picture the last time we saw him at the Home Plate Pizza.

So happy that he's back. I'll be interested to check out the new restaurant.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:02 pm 

My parents ate there this past winter while they where down and said it was very,very good. They had no cmplaints about the food or service.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:14 am 

We had dinner here last night for the first time. Isaac happened to be outside and introduced himself. He was so friendly and happy that I was already glad we came. The fried chicken was very good as was the ribs and the BBQ chicken .... lets just say everything was very good. Tried collard greens for the first time, my daughter loved them, I am not a fan.

And then there is Isaac. He constantly goes from table to table making sure everything is good and talking for a bit. Then he began singing Amazing Grace. It is almost like that is what people came there for. Some people sang along, everyone clapped along with him. I looked around and every table was caught up in it.

The price came to $24 for two, including drinks. I asked and they said you can make reservations. The night I was there well over half the restaurant was reserved. Of course most of the reservations were at tables that had Isaac's name on them.