Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:18 pm 

In a newer shopping strip in North Myrtle on Highway 17 (North of Barefoot Landing, behind Sticky Fingers). Similar to a buffet, but different. Wife doesn’t like buffets, but she liked this. You pick your raw meats, chicken, seafood, veggies, and other add-ins (noodles and pineapple come to mind). They then add various sauces based on your taste (basically spicy, some spice, or not spicy) and cook it for you while you wait. It only takes a few minutes to cook, and you can go back as many times as you’d like. There is also a salad bar, a sushi bar, and dessert area. Very good food, and everyone liked it (teenagers and adults).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:57 am 

We ate here for the first time last year and enjoyed it. It was somewhat crowded inside. We got our table, ordered our drinks and headed to the buffet line to fill our bowls for the grill. They offer a variety of different meats, seafood and toppings. The food didn't take long to cook - I would say less than a minute. It's strange because at the mongolian grill places back home, you're usually standing there for at least 3-4 minutes waiting for the food to cook. We headed back to our table to sit down and eat, but realized that another table's chairs were blocking the aisle, making it hard walk by to sit down. I know restaurants insist on piling in the tables to make room for more customers, but there's nothing more annoying than having another table right up against your chair. I really enjoyed my food. My parents both said they enjoyed it better last year. I don't think they had enough seasoning and sauces on their food. We all had a side order of fried rice. After our meals, we headed over to the dessert table. I opted for the Chinese doughnuts (fried dough with sugar - yum!) while my parents had carrot cake and other little treats. With a soda and tips, the total came to ~$46.

Dad's food

Mom's food

My food

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:10 pm 

After three years of having EFMG on our list of places to try, we finally went and were pleasantly surprised. We had never been to a Mongolian Grill so our waitress walked us over to the buffet line and explained how it worked. I must say I may have gone a little overboard on the meat. The first trip through I got it a little spicy and it was plenty hot. Not sure how the spicier crowd would be able to enjoy it. The grill was fantastic and the buffet was pretty good. The dessert bar had a lot to choose from and we enjoyed scooping our own ice cream. The bill for two came out to be $24 which included an early bird coupon. We will definitely be going back.