Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brother Shucker's
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:13 am 

Brother Shucker's | 4999 Carolina Forest Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579 | http://brothershuckersfishhouse.com/menu/

Front of the building

Appetizer, Raw Bar & Starters menu

Soup, Salad, Sandwiches menu

Dinner menu

Image[/url]
Dinner, Dessert menu

"Hush Your Brotha" Hush Puppies (sweet) with butter - So good! Not greasy at all and were a decent size

Stuffed Tilapia (White, flaky tilapia stuffed and baked with a crab cake) with a lemon buerre blanc sauce and spinach - Great!

Crab Cake Dinner (Maryland style crab cake) served with remoulade sauce. He substituted the baked mac and cheese for the coleslaw - Dad liked the crab cake but wasn't the best he's had. He's very hard to please when it comes to crab cakes!

Fish & Chips (tempura battered) and served with fries and tarter sauce - HUGE pieces of fish and the breading wasn't too heavy. The fries were hot and crispy.

Dreamsicle ice cream cake - SO. DARN. GOOD. I hadn't had a dreamsicle since I was kid and this tasted exactly like I remember. It was gone in minutes.

Complimentary bread and butter - Fresh crusty bread with cold butter

Side salad with bleu cheese (which is $3 if added to entree) - Fresh but not worth an extra $3 in my opinon

We dined in around 6:45pm. The parking lot was crowded but we had no problem finding a spot. The restaurant was packed, as was the bar. We were seated immediately. We got the second to last table in the restaurant. Our server was polite and attentive throughout our meal. Overall, we enjoyed the food. My dad said he would return, he just wouldn't order the crab cakes again. My mom and I thought the food was great. We had no complaints.

Post subject: Re: Brother Shucker's
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am 

Thanks for the review, place looks great ! Maybe a little heavy-handed with the parsley garnish :lol:

Your Dad sounds like my wife, ordering crab cakes everywhere we go and being disappointed. It's hard being from Maryland sometimes....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:17 am 
Site Admin

LOVE these photos! Everything looks delicious! Thank you for the review.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:43 pm 

KirkG wrote:
Your Dad sounds like my wife, ordering crab cakes everywhere we go and being disappointed. It's hard being from Maryland sometimes....

It is! My dad is so picky when it comes to crab cakes. Every time he sees "Maryland Style" outside of Maryland, he just has to torture himself and try a crab cake. And whaddya know, he complains lol :BandHead: My mom and I joke that he'd try a crab cake from 7-Eleven if they ever had one.