Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Flying Fish
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:47 pm 

The pictures are great in all of your reviews, but the food ones... yum! Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 pm 

patrish wrote:
Oh...that looks wonderful. Thanks for adding the photos! Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and welcome back to the beach.

Thank you! I realized I just posted my review in the wrong thread! This was meant to go to Mr. Fish, not Flying Fish. Oops!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:19 am 

Flying Fish - Barefoot Landing, 4744 Highway 17 South, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 - http://www.flyingfishmarket.com/

This is one of our favorite places to eat in Myrtle Beach.

My parents and I arrived a little after 6pm on a Thursday. We were promptly seated upstairs. There were only a few tables open, so the upstairs was packed! The bar area downstairs was as well. As soon as we sat down we were given the complimentary smoked Mahi Mahi dip and crackers by our server. It's so good! We also ordered a basket off hushpuppies and fried pickles for an appetizer. Both were great! Both of my parents ordered the Snow Crab clusters with a side of coleslaw and potatoes. The crab was delicious, as always. I ordered the Honey-Apple BBQ Chicken (applewood smoked bacon, honey-apple BBQ sauce, smoked gouda) with Chef's rice and green beans. I didn't care too much for the green beans, but I enjoyed the rice and chicken. I was given two chicken breasts, so I saved one for the next day. The service was great and our server check in with us frequently.

If you love seafood, this is the restaurant for you!

Complimentary smoked Mahi Mahi dip and crackers

Hushpuppy basket

Fried Pickles

Snow Crab clusters with coleslaw and potatoes

Honey-Apple BBQ Chicken (applewood smoked bacon, honey-apple BBQ sauce, smoked gouda) with Chef's rice and green beans

Post subject: Flying Fish
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:01 pm 

This will be our third time eating at the Flying Fish. It’s another one of those places that has a great water view. This view is of the Intercoastal Waterway. Lots & lots of boaters and jet skis. Fun to watch while enjoying dinner. We scored a great table overlooking that view. Yeah for us!

Those that have been there know they start out the meal with complimentary smoked fish dip. Oh my goodness it is so good and that is coming from someone who doesn’t like fish. Make sure to try it.

Salads were fresh and dressings were homemade.

Doug for some crazy reason ordered jambalaya. He said it was very spicy, but he did enjoy it.

I ordered shrimp & grits and shared with my mom. It is delicious.

My niece ordered a fish sandwich. She ate it all so it had to be good, right?

My cousin ordered coconut shrimp. I had one and they were tasty.

My brother order a grilled shrimp platter. He said it was very good.

We have not had a meal at the Flying Fish that we have not enjoyed. We will return.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:14 pm 

We've been there a couple times with great success. It's on our list for our trip in a couple weeks. One great thing about this place besides the food, they are very prepared for food allergies. My wife is allergic to shellfish, and they do a great job of preparing her food with cross-contamination concerns. They even serve it on a different colored plate to indicate that it was specially prepared. They also fry their hushpuppies in a separate fryer so she is able to eat those as well. Most restaurants tend to fry everything in the same oil. The Chesapeake House is another because their hushpuppies are prepared in their bakery.

We highly recommend!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:58 pm 

This is one of our favorite places to go! We've never had a bad meal or service there. Good to hear it's still a great place to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:05 am 

Haven't been there in a couple years, but always thought Flying Fish was 5-stars.... Glad they are keeping it up !

Thanks for the review and the pics !!! :nanner:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

WOW! Love your mouth-watering photos! Thanks for sharing and for your great review!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:42 pm 

We also like The Flying Fish. Great happy hour venue. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures. It really adds a lot!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:46 pm 

I give a review based on 1 to 5 and this was a solid 3 for us. It's nothing spectacular but definitely worth recommending. Service was on par for the menu pricing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:46 pm 

Flying Fish | 4744 U.S. 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 | https://www.flyingfishmarket.com

Our party of 5 came in around 6:15 for dinner on a Monday night. The restaurant was mostly full. Our server took a little while to come over. The service was okay. We got refills but it always took her a while to come over. She could have had a lot of tables, as the part of the restaurant we were sitting in was packed, so that could have been why. The upstairs portion of the restaurant can get very loud. Overall, we would return! This is one of our favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach.

Complimentary smoked Mahi Mahi dip and crackers. I was the only person to eat the dip. It’s a bit fishy tasting, so the other people in my part weren’t that interested in trying it.

Hushpuppy Basket with cinnamon-honey butter. One of our favorite appetizers here! They’re huge, piping hot, and the cinnamon-honey butter is great.

Snow Crab Dinner with coleslaw and corn on the cob. My dad loved the crab legs and coleslaw. The corn got a little soggy from the heat and butter.

Fish Market Sandwich (fried white fish, american cheese, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, tartar) on hoagie bun with fries, coleslaw and pickle. This sandwich was huge! My mom took half of it home for lunch the next day. She loved the sandwich and the fries. The fish had a light batter and was very tasty.

Pesto Chicken (nut-free pesto, parmesan cheese) with gouda smashed potatoes, and chef’s rice. I didn’t really taste the pesto. The chicken was a little dry and had zero seasoning. I had to use salt. The potatoes were delicious, as was the rice.

Not pictured:
- Grilled swordfish with chef’s rice and green beans. The green beans were crunchy as my uncle likes. He requested the swordfish to be cooked throughly and it was to his satisfaction.
- Grilled snapper with mango salsa, asian sesame glaze, with chef’s rice and green beans. My aunt liked it a lot. She loved the mango salsa paired with the fish. The fish was cooked to her liking.