Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hot Fish Club
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:50 am 

Any input?? ... We were at our friday night chinese dinner night (2 nights ago) and a couple was sitting across from us and had this shirt on .. We asked them about it and they said it was in Murrells Inlet and that it was wonderful!! Not that I doubt my local Kentuckians but ALWAYS check with my favorite MB Peeps here.... Has anyone ate here and what do you think?? I've looked at the menu and I want to leave now and come eat LOL... Thanks for any input!!

Carol

Post subject: Re: Hot Fish Club
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:24 am 

It is our favorite seafood restaurant, I usually get a platter while my wife likes the crab cakes. Been wanting to try the low country steamboat it looks great, but somehow I always go to the platters. Food is excellent and service is very good. Nice view of the inlet !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Agree with Bruce. Always good food and service. They are open Tues. - Sun. and used to have a Sunset Menu ...basically an early bird special. If you are interested in that, call and ask for the hours.

http://www.hotfishclub.com/_index.php

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:55 pm 

Thanks everyone! It is on our list for sure!! Yes.. 3 months before we are there but making a list and then narrowing down to the final so we don't try to figure each night where to go!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:27 pm 

luvmb wrote:
Thanks everyone! It is on our list for sure!! Yes.. 3 months before we are there but making a list and then narrowing down to the final so we don't try to figure each night where to go!!

Half the fun is preparing for the trip. If the excitement only lasted the week of the trip it would make for a boring year. We usually have our regular places and one night might be something new.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:01 pm 

We do the same thing with dinner! We make a list of our must go's then fill in with other favorites. Usually we have it planned out pretty much before we go. Every day out on the beach in the early afternoon my wife will say "where are we eating tonight so I can start thinking about what I want?" LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Father's Day dinner at Hot Fish Club

Hot Fish Club is a good choice if you are wanting to eat on the Inlet. It’s not inexpensive, but it’s not as expensive as some of the Marshwalk Restaurants. This restaurant is not on the Marshwalk but located further South and closer to Rt. 17. However, they do have a very nice walkway where you can stroll and view the Inlet.

You can view the menu on the Hot Fish Club link below.

Mike, DIL Amy, and grandson Kenan were visiting for a few days, including Fathers Day. We arrived at Hot Fish Club around 6:30 and asked if we would care to ge seated on the porch. There were several people ahead of us, but I think they were waiting on tables since the weather has been so hot lately. We had some air-conditioning on the porch, so we were not uncomfortable at all. And to boot, we had a lovely view of the Inlet.

I ordered the Scallop Platter which included: slaw, 8 good-size scallops grilled to perfection, and another choice from side items. I chose the baked potato with butter and sour cream. The cost was $20.95.

One of the things I like about this restaurant is that most dinner menu items give you a choice of fried or grilled. I much prefer grilled, and at many seafood restaurants you don’t have this choice.

Service was good, and even though the restaurant was crowded with Fathers Day customers, we never felt neglected by our waitress.

You can view the menu on the Hot Fish Club link below.

Here are a couple photos. One at dinner and the other to show the view.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:52 pm 

Patrish, Thanks for sharing the pics!! We have decided this is one of the new places on our list!!