Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:16 pm 
Forum Support

I've never seen this restaurant discussed before. Has anyone been here? Saw this place on The Profit tv show.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

We have not been due to friends who were there with a group and said it was overpriced. (Fish & Chips $22, Shrimp & Grits $25. and no salad with entrees.) One person said they automatically added a 20% tip. She looked at the menu again and it said "For your convenience a 20% tip will be added to your bill for groups of 6 or more." How convenient! Sure stops any arguments about how much to tip.

However, it IS an Inlet restaurant with great views. MANY restaurants add tips for groups, and IMHO all the MarshWalk restaurants are overpriced...not just Wicked Tuna. I think those restaurants have pretty much become "just for the tourists" as they have priced themselves out of the locals' budgets unless it's a special occasion or a discount. Besides, it gets dark here about 6:15 now, and there's nothing to see. :cool:

The best deal going on right now at the Inlet is Capt. Dave' Dockside and we'll probably get there before it ends!
http://davesdockside.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:11 am 

patrish wrote:
IMHO all the MarshWalk restaurants are overpriced...not just Wicked Tuna. I think those restaurants have pretty much become "just for the tourists" as they have priced themselves out of the locals' budgets unless it's a special occasion or a discount.

I agree Patrish. I like the atmosphere of the area, but didn't even eat a meal on the Marsh this past summer. We get a similar meal at Driftwoods about 1/3 cheaper. That adds up when feeding a large family. Have to eat in a strip mall though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:37 pm 
Forum Support

Thanks for the info Patrish. Much appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:59 pm 

We ate at Wicked Tuna last week. We are in Myrtle Beach 4 or 5 times a year due to family in the area (and we love it too) and this was one of the better seafood meals we have had in Myrtle in a while. If you go to Myrtle Beach frequently you know that they are famous for Calabash style - which is fried, fried, fried. It is nice to get a bream from that and get something different and also a little healthier.

The meal at Wicked Tuna was one of the best we had of the week. We had a fresh hogfish special. The fish was lightly sauteed and covered with lobster and crab in a very light lemon/butter/cream sauce. It was served with wonderful sauteed veggies. The portion was very large, so we split it. The cost was about $32. Coming from the DC area, this is typical what you would pay at any restaurant for a dish of this quality. We also had sushi, which was very good. One person in our party ate on the light side, a spinach salad with strawberries, and said it was excellent.

The view is spectacular here as well. I would highly recommend.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:56 pm 

Sher1234 wrote:
We ate at Wicked Tuna last week. We are in Myrtle Beach 4 or 5 times a year due to family in the area (and we love it too) and this was one of the better seafood meals we have had in Myrtle in a while. If you go to Myrtle Beach frequently you know that they are famous for Calabash style - which is fried, fried, fried. It is nice to get a bream from that and get something different and also a little healthier.

The meal at Wicked Tuna was one of the best we had of the week. We had a fresh hogfish special. The fish was lightly sauteed and covered with lobster and crab in a very light lemon/butter/cream sauce. It was served with wonderful sauteed veggies. The portion was very large, so we split it. The cost was about $32. Coming from the DC area, this is typical what you would pay at any restaurant for a dish of this quality. We also had sushi, which was very good. One person in our party ate on the light side, a spinach salad with strawberries, and said it was excellent.

The view is spectacular here as well. I would highly recommend.

Thanks for the review. I'm sure it is a really good place. I have a brother -in law that used to be from DC and his non-degree salary matched the high cost of restaurants in the area. Unfortunately salaries in South Carolina and surrounding states make it hard to pay for such expensive restaurants. I know that the cost of living is higher in the D.C. area, but I've always thought what a great deal it must be to vacation in a place like Myrtle Beach when your costs are basically cut in half. This sounds like a really good place if the budget allows.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:41 pm 

Lots of times when we go to higher end restaurants we share a meal - especially if we are on a budget. Most places give you so much food anyway! AT least at Myrtle Beach we have a refrigerator, but a lot of times when we travel and have just a hotel room leftovers would just go to waste. Generally if we are still hungry after a meal we can always find an ice cream shop, donut place or something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:43 pm 

We love wicked Tuna I agree that it can be a bit overpriced but the quality of the food IMHO is worth the cost. Best Sushi I have had in Myrtle. If anyone knows of better sushi places please let me know. As Patrish noted the views are also excellent as they are with all the marsh walk places. It's not an every night place but we'll be stopping in a couple weeks for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

I'm happy to see these good reviews. Thanks to everyone for contributing!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall