Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:18 am 

We had a great dinner here. My friend Kathy had a lettuce wedge salad and salt crusted baked potato...I had a house salad with honey mustard dressing, the baked potato and fried shrimp...we liked all of our food...we,also, each had a long island ice tea...which was good as well...garlic bread was served with the salad...Our waitress was super, very attentive, super nice...and I am always impressed by wait staff that can remember an entire order without writing anything down...amazing!
We would go there again...each of our bills were around $30.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:41 am 

I think that Landry's may be the safest choice to eat at BATB now. You know that you are going to get a good meal there, while some of the others have turned into hit and miss places. I've only eaten there a couple of times, but the food has been great each time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:22 am 

I think most of the restaurants at Broadway are just awful and refuse to eat there. I will make an exception for the volcano nachos at Margarittaville, but only in the off season. I refuse to wait two hours for dinner! There are so many great seafood places in Myrtle Beach that I wouldn't go to Landry's.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 pm 

Well...we walked right in...food was served right away...and when you have not had good tasting shrimp in a year...it tastes pretty good...we live in a rural area and getting to eat out anywhere is a treat for us...we enjoy several places at BATB...even Johnny Rockets...which is a chain...we do not have any close to us...even when we do have to wait to be seated...it is not a big deal...we are out and about...love to people watch...we find plenty of things to talk about and think about during the occaisional long wait time.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

We haven't been to Landry's recently, but in the past we have never had a bad experience there. It has a positive reputation for both food and service. Glad you enjoyed your meals!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:26 am 

Landry's is just maybe the best place to eat at Broadway, I have never had a bad meal nor bad service.

The last time eating there was in May with a group of 12

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:34 pm 

I had not thought about Landry's for years. This topic brought to mind a couple of great meals we had there years ago. Somehow we overlook it each visit. Will have to try it again this fall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:30 am 

We've only ate at Senor Frog and Margaritaville ... Both were ok but have to agree about the Nachos at Margaritaville!! We loved them!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:40 am 

We did Landry's this year and it is usually a stop for us each visit to the beach. The service is excellent and they usually don't have a wait that is very long. The food is always hot and the menu has lots to pick from. Never a bad meal and I would agree that it is probably the best place to eat at Broadway right now.