Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:02 pm 

Went to the location on Restaurant Row/Tanger Outlet. The food is generally really good, however my crab legs was cooked a little too long I think. Corey’s got popcorn shrimp which was good. They have peanuts at every table in sand pails – which is cute. However, the peanuts were SO GROSSSSSS this time!! They were soft – yuck!! I can’t remember the name of our waitress, however she was by far the worst wait staff personnel we have ever had in MB. Never said thank you for anything, never came back until the check and never really said any words actually. This was definitely a different experience for us at Duffy’s… normally we have a really good experience. Since it was one time, we would still go back and give them another try.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Ash, you need to write them. The peanuts sound like they were old and the waitress should be fired. That kind of service is unacceptable. If they don't change the way they are doing business they won't be here next year,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Members of this board need to let servers know that the restaurant is being reviewed! I personally take members issues to heart, and usually will not visit an establishment receiving a bad report on here! Too many choices in MB to be treated like crap :fart: !! JMHO :clown:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:03 pm 
Forum Support

Ichiban wrote:
Members of this board need to let servers know that the restaurant is being reviewed! I personally take members issues to heart, and usually will not visit an establishment receiving a bad report on here! Too many choices in MB to be treated like crap :fart: !! JMHO :clown:

Hostess: Welcome to ________. How many in your party?
Me: Party of 4
Hostess: Sure we can do that. Patio or indoors?
Me: Patio please. Oh and we are Funbeaches.com members. We will be posting pictures and our review after our trip.
Hostess: What is Funbeaches.com?
Me: Its a website all about Myrtle Beach. It rates much higher then Trip Advisor. Trust me, a good review at Funbeaches.com is like hitting the jackpot! People love us for our honesty!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:58 pm 

I will write them. I wish I could remember her name. Maybe I can find a transaction number and they can pull it up somehow. Since this was almost 2 months ago, I suspect she woudln't even be there. It was literally the most bizarre service ever and she had one other table that was in after us.

That's a good idea, to introduce ourselves as members. Plus I bet you get better service that way!! Will definitely use that next time.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:31 pm 

I never thought of letting them know that I would be reviewing their restaurant... what a good idea.

Sorry you had a bad experience Ash. Duffy Street is our favorite seafood restaurant on the Grand Strand, and since we moved back south to "main" Myrtle Beach, the Restaurant Row location has been the closest. We like it because it is bigger and roomier than the other two locations and we've always had fabulous service there.

There's no excuse for bad service. I hope you have a better experience the next time.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:34 pm 

I agree there is no excuse for bad service. We pay way too much money for our meals on vacation to receive bad service. The only experience I wish I could go back and report was at The Parson's Table a few years back. Our server obviously didn't think we were of good quality for their establishment. I didn't think I looked much different than most sitting around me. He was rude and it still upsets me to think about it. We haven't been back.